PC build - Advise needed

Associate
hi,
I am currently in the process of building myself a new computer but im slightly unsure about compatibility of components, This is my first time building a computer completely from scratch and due to my budget I cant afford to purchase incorrect components. I know what I want im just unsure of compatibility, below is a list of what im hopping to put together, me and my dad have had a look and it looks ok to us but if anyone have the time could they give this a quick look to confirm that it will all work nicely together.

CPU - Intel Pentium 4 650 (3.4 GHZ)

MOBO - Abit AW8 Intel 955x

CPU cooler - Thermaltake Blue Orb II

HDD - Western Digital Caviar Special Edition 200GB 2000JS

Graphics - Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 GTO (GX-118-SP)

RAM - (Advise needed)

Ok, that's all of the main components im hoping to use, but I am unsure of what type of RAM is needed. I would like 1GB and I don't mind if its a 1GB stick or 2 512 sticks. I have around £70 to spend but I can probably spend a little more if needed. I am pretty comfortable with all the other stuff needed, I have already got the case and PSU and I have a few other things such as CD drives lying around the house.

Any useful feedback would be great appreciated

Thanks -Magnumwolf-

Associate
OP
Could you suggest a better set up? The computer will be mainly for gaming.

I mainly chose P4 as ive never actually used AMD before, No idea how to compair them with pentium. :)

Associate
OP
Thank you all for the advise
Will run it past my dad, see what he thinks but i am happy with what you have shown me and as you have all said AMD is much better i will believe you :p

Will give it a good look over, and probably order it all tomorrow.

Thank you all very much

Associate
OP
FG-000-AR Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket 754/939/940) (FG-000-AR)

Any suggestion of a more funky looking fan? Im also case modding this comp so fans withs lights are good :p

Or would you say that your recommendation over more superior cooling?

-Magnumwolf-

Back
Top Bottom