PC Build - Budget £600 - £700

Associate
Hi All,

First post, so please play nice. I used to build PCs around 15 years ago to make a bit of money, but haven't touched components in a long time and I am completely out of touch with technology and trends, as I have been surviving with my laptop and XBox.

I'm looking to build a desktop for around £600-£700 which will be used for home office, some work and some gaming. With regards to games, I'm more into strategy games like Xcom and Civilization than I am Call of Duty, but I'd like the option of playing AAA games, even if I have to accept that I might not be able to have settings on Max.

An important thing for me would be future-proofing. I'm happy to accept some lower spec components now, but that can be upgraded in say 12 months time when my budget is a little less constrained.

in terms of setup, I was planning on using a reasonably modern, spare 42" TV as my monitor (with HDMI in) and already have a decent keyboard and mouse gifted to me by a friend. As far as case is concerned, the more understated the better, but I'd also want something that isn't going to get too hot or make an absolute racket.

I saw this thread posted a couple of days ago:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/pc-build-700.18875052/

Should I be looking at something similar, or, are my requirements different enough that I should look to do something different to the answers suggested on there?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you both for your replies, it's going to be a couple of weeks until i purchase the components, so will keep my eye on prices and offers etc. but you have been very helpful - thank you!

Back
Top Bottom