PC build for video editing

Associate
Hi,

Im looking for a new PC to primarily edit movies. Only HD rather than 4k. Plan to use Cyberlink Power Director.

I currently have an Intel i5 2.67GHz CPU, 8GB Ram with a ATI radeon hd 5450 graphics cards and performance when editing is awful - it will fail to preview any edits before producing the movie.

I have a budget of £500. Should I be prioritising budget to the graphics card over everything else? Grateful for any advice and suggestions.

Many thanks

Thanks both.
They recommend an Intel Corei5 or AMD Phenom II X4 and above - but dont mention speeds or cores. I note extra cores do not necessarily mean extra speed ie you could have an i7 with 8 cores and then an i5 with less cores but more GHz than the more expensive i7!? Difficult to know which are more important - GHz or cores

many thanks for your time and suggestions - it's much appreciated.
I hadn't heard of Resolve so will certainly look into it if it makes better use of hardware performance.

The GTX 1650 or 1660 GPU looks a good investment, I guess I just then need a CPU with as many cores as I can afford.

Will have a shop around. Not sure I'm confident building anything from scratch so if you're aware of anything pre-built that may fit the bill, please share. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom