PC case recommendation

Associate
Hello!

A few weeks ago I decided to replace my current computer.
This is the specification of the new machine:
Processor: AMD 7800x3d
Motherboard: ATX size
VGA: Asus TUF 7900 XTX OC
Processor cooling: Artic Liquid Freezer II 360

I would like to ask for your help in which of the listed houses is the most ideal:

1. NZXT H9 flow
2. O11 Dynamic EVO XL
3. Be!quiet SILENT BASE 802
4. Fractal Design Meshify 2 xl

What is important to me is that the machine is as quiet as possible, but can also provide excellent temperatures.

I like the H9 Flow the best, but I saw in the videos that when the video card is used horizontally, the video card power cable is very close to the glass. This worries me a bit.

Basically, I would be interested in which casehas the quietest, most ideal, best temperatures.

If you recommend a completely different case, I'd be happy to see it too.

Associate
O11D evo XL will look too empty even with an AIO. The Lancool 216 or Lancool 3 are good options. Also the Phanteks G500. The issue you may have with the H9 is that, top mounted, as it’s the optimal balance for fish tank cases (bottom and side intake, top and rear exhaust) is clearance. Side is doable but can’t remember if the fans must be between the side mount and the AIO or something like that. Top is a pain to connect the cables after installing the AIO. One of the fans will be very close to the side bar that covers the cables, causing some hoovering noise. Also, bottom intake, as there isn’t a gap between the case and the fans (like a bracket), will have some hoovering noise way before than if a spacer was available. The O11 Evo, not the XL, allows the bottom fans at higher rpm at same or less noise level because they have a bottom bracket.
The NV7 is great. Taller but slimmer than the regular O11D Evo.
The H7 Flow is better for top mounted AIO than the H9 Flow. Also allows quieter 140mm fans. Even without bottom intake, thermals on the H7 are great.
If you ditch the idea of an AIO and get a Thermalright Phantom Spitit (£30ish), the Fractal Torrent is a beast of a case. Run the front fans at 40-45% max and bottom at 30-35% and the system will be very quiet. The only thing you can actually do to improve the torrent is to install 2-5mm spacers on the bottom fans. That totally eliminates any hoovering noises.
Yes, the Thermalright can cool the 7800x3D easily. I’m using the Fractal North mesh, which isn’t nowhere near the torrent for airflow, using Thermalright TL-B12 all around at 45% front intake, top exhaust 25% and rear exhaust 35%. Can o my rear the GPU when under load. The slimmer Thermalright U120EX also an option.
Noticed that the Arctic Freezer II, when using the offset mounting position, will almost miss the top of the CPU, as they try to move the center of the block as close to the bottom of the CPU as possible, as it is where most heat is generated. Still perform fine, but much close in performance to other AIOs than before.

Back
Top Bottom