PC CPU overheating problem?

Associate
So I bought an over lockers prebuilt about a year and a bit ago now. It is a fairly powerful PC with an RTX 3080 and an Ryzen 9 5900x. Never had any issues however now after a few hours it begins to slow down dramatically, on reboot it says CPU overheating. I have checked for loose cables and dust which is clearly not the issue.i have checked for malware and nope. Don't have many services or whatnot running and have 32GB ram so unlikely? So what is the issue? Could it be thermal paste needs replacing? Only thing I can think of since the airflow was clearly good enough for a long time

So I bought an over lockers prebuilt about a year and a bit ago now. It is a fairly powerful PC with an RTX 3080 and an Ryzen 9 5900x. Never had any issues however now after a few hours it begins to slow down dramatically, on reboot it says CPU overheating. I have checked for loose cables and dust which is clearly not the issue.i have checked for malware and nope. Don't have many services or whatnot running and have 32GB ram so unlikely? So what is the issue? Could it be thermal paste needs replacing? Only thing I can think of since the airflow was clearly good enough for a long time

Does it have an AIO cooler (CPU block with pipes to radiator), if so then the pump may have failed.

It does have one. How would one go about checking if the pump has really failed?

It should make a noise, vibration / whine which you can hear/feel.

Something solid will transmit the noise if needed such as a screwdriver - pointy end to the back of the pump (on the CPU) and other end pressed on your ear. Anything will do, wooden spoon etc.

Disconnect other fans if needed so you can hear.

Also if the block on the CPU is getting hot to touch (anything other than slightly warm) then coolant is not circulating

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom