PC Crashing

Associate
Hello,

I'm extremely new PC gaming and I'm having issues my pre-built PC from Overclockers,

Specs are-

CPU &Motherboard- Intel 11th Gen Core i9 11900F Eight Core Processor
Cooler Master 240mm Liquid Cooler
Gigabyte B560 Motherboard
Memory 16GB 3200MHz Dual Channel RAM
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti OC 8GB Graphics Card
Outputs: DisplayPort x 2 (v1.4a) / HDMI 2.1 x 2
Operating System Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
Storage 500GB M.2 NVMe PCIE Solid State Drive
1TB SATA Solid State Drive
USB &Audio Front/Top:
Two USB Type-A, One USB Type C, Microphone Jack, Headphone Jack
Rear:
Six USB Type A, Six Audio Jack (HD Audio,7.1 Sound)
Internet Connections Gigabit LAN Port Rear
1300Mbps Wi-Fi.

I keep trying to play Escape from Tarkov and CS:GO and the games just crash and kick me back to home screen i have only had the PC for less than and week.

I've updated all drivers.
Any help would be Appreciated

Soldato
Ther are many possible reasons.
Starting from software bugs to hardware.

If crashing happens under heavy GPU load it could be related to increased power draw.
Those prebuilts use cheap Kolink PSUs, most of which are crap.

Associate
Maybe find a decent Hardware monitor utility, do Games these days not provided crash logs? or are there options to enable such a feature.

Do you know if your pre-built unit came overclocked?

@EsaT If it was a power issue surely it wouldn't cause an application to crash alone, but cause a power-cycle.

Last edited:
Soldato
@EsaT If it was a power issue surely it wouldn't cause an application to crash alone, but cause a power-cycle.
Not stable enough voltage can cause single component do error.
For example graphics cards can be sensitive to that with their high power draw.
And factory overclocking increases sensitivity to power quality, unless VRMs are beefed up.

Associate
Ah, well I never - learn something new everyday. I assume a power issue would cause an issue to the OS itself rather than a single component - I guess if you've had your machine for less than a week and it not stable you might be worth notifying the manufactures if troubleshooting narrows it down to a Hardware issue?

Associate
@EsaT Ah, well I never - learn something new everyday why I love this forum. I assume a power issue would cause an issue to the OS itself rather than just an application - I guess if you've had your machine for less than a week and it not stable you might be worth notifying the manufactures if troubleshooting narrows it down to a Hardware issue?

Back
Top Bottom