PC due an Upgrade

Associate
Hi Peeps,

I built my PC some 5 Years ago now and Im thinking its due a refresh. Prob is as expected by most atm, Money is tight.

Im wondering whether some of my 'bits' will be able to last for a few months and il update it gradually. As it stands my pc does keep up with the latest games but only just.

Motherboard - Gigabyte G31MX-S2
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2333MHz
Physical Memory :4096MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM ) DDR2-SDRAM PC2-6400 (399MHz)
Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Case - Basic crappy coolmaster value range

I cant remember what my PSU is but i know i bought it a year ago and its 1000w.

Ive literally got £200 atm so if i can make some slight improvements with it i will.

Any help much appreciated

Associate
OP
The HDDS are Sata btw.

But ok so you dont advise doing it bit by bit, you think saving up and doing it all in one go is a better option?

Plus yes I mostly Game, WOW/BF2 (will be buying BF3) and COD. Play a lot of movies onto the TV from the PC and store a lot of Music/Films/Pictures.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi Guys,

Im back and with more money!!! :) Looking to spend around 500 pounds on upgrading my PC now. Any help on a good build would be much appreciated.

Motherboard - Gigabyte G31MX-S2
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2333MHz
Physical Memory :4096MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM ) DDR2-SDRAM PC2-6400 (399MHz)
Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Case - Basic crappy coolmaster value range

Looking at having it ready for the new Final Fantasy XIV release in september.

Cheers

Associate
OP
PSU make & model

Hi All, thanks so much for your feedback its really appreciated.

Just got time to finally take apart my PC and found I was completely wrong with the PSU. Turns out its only 500w.

It's an OCZ - OCZ500SXS Black

As for operating system Windows 7 pro 64 bit. With potential to be upgraded to 8 64 bit for free (;) with work)

As for case. I would like a new one so may have to be included in budget or potentially increase. I really like the sci-Fi white look. Not sure which brand if it even makes a huge difference!!

Thanks again and hope the info helps!!

Associate
OP
Also if this spec could have room for future expansion I.e more RAM, running Graphics in CLI that would be awesome!!

Appreciate all ur feedback :)

Back
Top Bottom