PC dying?

Permabanned
Was playing cod1 with some mates, when it froze for about 10 seconds. Ventrilo was still working, just cod wasnt. It unfroze after 10 secodns and I continued as normal. Around 10 mins later it dfid it again, but didnt becoem unfrozen. My headphones started to make screeching sounds so I reset. Now usually POST displays the AMI BIOS logo and other details underneath. This time however, it showed the A8V splash screen. Also, after POST and before the XP loading bar, a "-" flashed in the top left of the screen for a few seconds. I had to reset a few more times as I have a strange problem where the screen remains blank after the XP loading screen, but its been like that for a whiel and im assuming its unrelated. I got back into windows and it said it had found a floppy disk controller. Now I dont actually have a floppy drive, but I did install the software for my w800i mobile phone before this. Any ideas?

Associate
try removing some external devices and see if it will boot properly with the bare minimum.

a complete reinstall would be a last resort

Back
Top Bottom