PC for gaming and streaming

Associate
Hey guys, looking to buy my first PC system. Need it to game on 1440p, and to stream too (1080p). I want to be holding at least 100fps whilst gaming. Cost isn’t really an issue, just want something to get the job done, and something which is some what future proof. Ive spotted one for their new PCs on the website and it ties into my white aesthetic perfectly. But is it ideal for what i want to achieve ? Some bits i can configure, some others i cant. Just need someone to point me into the right direction please. Many thanks, Build is below

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...rce-rtx-3080-ti-12gb-gaming-pc-fs-1fj-og.html

Hi @Boszah

That system will do it and some , you can also makes changes to systems by contacting overclockers.

I would definately change some of the m2 drives to pcie4 like the western digital sn 850 as direct storage will be a thing of the future. DDR5 haS virtually no impact on gaming performance compared to DDR4 so could choose a different pc if you prefer.

I would probablly up the Psu to 850w as the 3080ti is a beast and has power spikes of 500w.

Other option is to pick some parts and get Overclockers to build it to you spec.

Hey guys, looking to buy my first PC system. Need it to game on 1440p, and to stream too (1080p). I want to be holding at least 100fps whilst gaming. Cost isn’t really an issue, just want something to get the job done, and something which is some what future proof. Ive spotted one for their new PCs on the website and it ties into my white aesthetic perfectly. But is it ideal for what i want to achieve ? Some bits i can configure, some others i cant. Just need someone to point me into the right direction please. Many thanks, Build is below

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...rce-rtx-3080-ti-12gb-gaming-pc-fs-1fj-og.html

Cool pc :)
agree with Micky .. can they do the Asus 850W for a bit more headroom, later upgrades? ASUS ROG STRIX 850W White Edition 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)

Think cheaper putting together a system from OCuk components site, and letting them build it. Think the cadmium is overpriced, and for gaming DDR5 makes no sense as you can buy 32GB Vengeance RGB RT 3600C18 white ram for £150, whereas your paying £330 for the stuff in the cadmium.
Couple questions,
1) Obv you want a white build, but do you want lots of rgb etc. As you stream, will you be doing it with you and pc on display..ie, is it a showpiece as well?
2) As above, I'd change out the storage completely, it's sub par for that price point
3) 3080 is more than enough for 1440p gaming but at the mo if you want a white card, the 3080ti gigabyte is only one available but you'll be paying £350 more for the privilege
4) If you go for a 3080ti, I'd be tempted to get something like the RM1000X psu, and either buy white cables to go with it or buy the strimmer plus cables for the mobo and gpu(hence why asked if a showpiece). Those 2 cables are the main on view, others barely see so not a problem is they black

For example build below is complete overkill.... is missing the ram(ocuk don't sell the new corsair ram for some reason, but it's £150 for stuff below
rec55L8.jpg
or you can get 32gb (2x16gb) 3200C16 pro vengeance rgb white for £140 and 2 sticks of the white pro vengeance rgb light enhancement kit for £30 if you want all 4 ram slots occupied)

Also has gen4 nvme, both firecuda 520's, 1tb for OS etc, 2tb drive for your games..whatever you do , you need a pcie gen3 nvme or higher for directstorage to work when it gets implemented in games, so don't go with a sata drive for your games etc, as it wont work

Build has a 1000W gold rated psu with 10yrs warranty, added both strimmer plus kits(check with OCuk the gpu is a 3 x 8 pin card,otherwise need to change to a 2 x 8.

Also added 2 sets of QL120 fans, so you can change front if you want and put another 3 on the side as intake, then 6 intake with the aio exhausting out the top

You could have course just buy the white cable bundle for £40 and save on the strimmers and use the 3 fans that come with the case, so saving £265, and also drop to the 2018-2021 white RM850X psu, as OCuk selling that on offer at £99.95, saving another £55 for psu and dropping the white cable bundle so £40 there...so doing that price drops to £2743(plus £1509 for Ram)

Think Ocuk charge £200 to £250 for building, but you do get a 3yrs free return and fix warranty with it for peace of mind if you don't want to build yourself, but below with all flasking lights etc will be same price as cadmium with better storage/psu for pretty much same performance, and below without strimmers etc still has a better psu, the storage and will be cheaper than the cadmium

Think DDR5 gives a 3 to 7% gain overall, but not worth over 100% price increase compared to DDR4 and the 3080ti GPU more than compensates and is still way more than you need to 1440p gaming

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £3,063.54 (includes delivery: £14.70)​

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £2,743.54 (includes delivery: £14.70)

Also, plenty of cheaper cases that have white aesthetic, good airflow, some would need to change to a 240/280mm aio in roof(lian li lancool II and Corsair 4000 series cases) and lian li evo and corsair 5000D airflow that would require some fans

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £922.84 (includes delivery: £75.00)

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £2,636.99 (includes delivery: £13.20)

Below(using same case as £95 price point where there are a few to choose from), put a 3070ti (though for £150 more could go for a non white 3080). Hardware unboxed 12 game av 1440p gaming, 3070ti was 128fps, 3080 151fps, 3080ti 162fps

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £2,053.99 (includes delivery: £13.20)

So, sorry bit long winded, but just to say, you can put parts together, OCuk will build it for a price(£200 to £250), so don't get tied to only what they have on their prebuild section​

Think cheaper putting together a system from OCuk components site, and letting them build it. Think the cadmium is overpriced, and for gaming DDR5 makes no sense as you can buy 32GB Vengeance RGB RT 3600C18 white ram for £150, whereas your paying £330 for the stuff in the cadmium.
Couple questions,
1) Obv you want a white build, but do you want lots of rgb etc. As you stream, will you be doing it with you and pc on display..ie, is it a showpiece as well?
2) As above, I'd change out the storage completely, it's sub par for that price point
3) 3080 is more than enough for 1440p gaming but at the mo if you want a white card, the 3080ti gigabyte is only one available but you'll be paying £350 more for the privilege
4) If you go for a 3080ti, I'd be tempted to get something like the RM1000X psu, and either buy white cables to go with it or buy the strimmer plus cables for the mobo and gpu(hence why asked if a showpiece). Those 2 cables are the main on view, others barely see so not a problem is they black

For example build below is complete overkill.... is missing the ram(ocuk don't sell the new corsair ram for some reason, but it's £150 for stuff below
rec55L8.jpg
or you can get 32gb (2x16gb) 3200C16 pro vengeance rgb white for £140 and 2 sticks of the white pro vengeance rgb light enhancement kit for £30 if you want all 4 ram slots occupied)

Also has gen4 nvme, both firecuda 520's, 1tb for OS etc, 2tb drive for your games..whatever you do , you need a pcie gen3 nvme or higher for directstorage to work when it gets implemented in games, so don't go with a sata drive for your games etc, as it wont work

Build has a 1000W gold rated psu with 10yrs warranty, added both strimmer plus kits(check with OCuk the gpu is a 3 x 8 pin card,otherwise need to change to a 2 x 8.

Also added 2 sets of QL120 fans, so you can change front if you want and put another 3 on the side as intake, then 6 intake with the aio exhausting out the top

You could have course just buy the white cable bundle for £40 and save on the strimmers and use the 3 fans that come with the case, so saving £265, and also drop to the 2018-2021 white RM850X psu, as OCuk selling that on offer at £99.95, saving another £55 for psu and dropping the white cable bundle so £40 there...so doing that price drops to £2743(plus £1509 for Ram)

Think Ocuk charge £200 to £250 for building, but you do get a 3yrs free return and fix warranty with it for peace of mind if you don't want to build yourself, but below with all flasking lights etc will be same price as cadmium with better storage/psu for pretty much same performance, and below without strimmers etc still has a better psu, the storage and will be cheaper than the cadmium

Think DDR5 gives a 3 to 7% gain overall, but not worth over 100% price increase compared to DDR4 and the 3080ti GPU more than compensates and is still way more than you need to 1440p gaming

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £3,063.54 (includes delivery: £14.70)​

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £2,743.54 (includes delivery: £14.70)

Also, plenty of cheaper cases that have white aesthetic, good airflow, some would need to change to a 240/280mm aio in roof(lian li lancool II and Corsair 4000 series cases) and lian li evo and corsair 5000D airflow that would require some fans

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £922.84 (includes delivery: £75.00)

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £2,636.99 (includes delivery: £13.20)

Below(using same case as £95 price point where there are a few to choose from), put a 3070ti (though for £150 more could go for a non white 3080). Hardware unboxed 12 game av 1440p gaming, 3070ti was 128fps, 3080 151fps, 3080ti 162fps

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £2,053.99 (includes delivery: £13.20)

So, sorry bit long winded, but just to say, you can put parts together, OCuk will build it for a price(£200 to £250), so don't get tied to only what they have on their prebuild section​
Wow i really do appreciate this response. I’m going to go through the day and have a look at all of these at some point. I appreciate someone with your knowledge, if i have any more questions is it okay to ping you? Many thanks one again

Wow i really do appreciate this response. I’m going to go through the day and have a look at all of these at some point. I appreciate someone with your knowledge, if i have any more questions is it okay to ping you? Many thanks one again
No problem, plenty of people here with more knowledge than me here too, and all willing to help. Building a pc not too difficult, is rewarding, and fun too. Maybe do it yourself and save the £200/£250. Just give yourself plenty of time, go slow, have access to internet if you get stuck etc...you can post on the 'project logs' thread also if you want while doing a build...people will come to the rescue if you need help

No problem, plenty of people here with more knowledge than me here too, and all willing to help. Building a pc not too difficult, is rewarding, and fun too. Maybe do it yourself and save the £200/£250. Just give yourself plenty of time, go slow, have access to internet if you get stuck etc...you can post on the 'project logs' thread also if you want while doing a build...people will come to the rescue if you need help
Yeah I’m not sure about building it myself, i haven’t really got the time but if it means i save 3-500£ for the same performance i might give it a think. Answers to your questions. 1/ my PC might be on show on stream so need it looking clean as possible. 2/ idm paying more for the 3080ti. Also is it possible to get a motherboard that takes ddr4 and 5 (to future prof the PC) or is that not a thing? I’m down for ddr4 as i know there’s not a lot of performance difference. I also do like the look of that Lian Li PC-O11 case!

Yeah I’m not sure about building it myself, i haven’t really got the time but if it means i save 3-500£ for the same performance i might give it a think. Answers to your questions. 1/ my PC might be on show on stream so need it looking clean as possible. 2/ idm paying more for the 3080ti. Also is it possible to get a motherboard that takes ddr4 and 5 (to future prof the PC) or is that not a thing? I’m down for ddr4 as i know there’s not a lot of performance difference. I also do like the look of that Lian Li PC-O11 case!
1) Ok, Clean as poss and good looking it is.
2) 3080ti it is. Will be Gigabyte one above as only white one they have, 3080's all dark
3) Asus were in process of making an adaptor that would slot into a DDR5 board, that would then accept DDR4 Ram, but that was in the new a couple of months ago and nothing so far, so as far as I know, not possible at the mo
The new Lian li evo is stunning imo. If it had come out sooner, I prob would have built in it, love the looks, and the fact you can config it in diff ways

If going Evo, couple of fan options.
Keep corsair aio and QL fans I put in above. the corsair aio comes with a commander core so should have enough with the core's that come in the triple pack to control all the rgb
Go with a Lian Li aio...can get it with the SL fans so getting another 6, they'll all look the same. Or AL fans...nice thing about these is the daisychain, so 3 linked together means only 2 wires to think about rather than 6, but if you not building, not your problem anyway:cool:
any thoughts on the nvme's..gen 4 all the way, 1tb and 2tb?
just go to the end, show's a white evo build using lian li AL fans

Back
Top Bottom