PC Freezing When transfering large files to Ext HD

Associate
Could some one guide me to a possible solution?

When ever i try to transfer large files (movies, multiple files etc) to my external freecom HD the system freezes totally. all i can do it reset the comp and try again!

Any one with similar problems and was able to sort this?

Cheers

Dan

Soldato
i had similiar problems when transfer large video files to my external hdd say 5gb,pc would go very slow then start giving me errors.i asked a few people but nobody could help,apart from somone said its a write delay with windows.i havent used my external since :(

Permabanned
See if the chipset bridge in the external enclosure is flashable, I know my Prolific PL-3507 has lots of problems and flashing it (if you have the flashable C-> version) fixes the issues with it. Does the box have USB 2 and firewire connections? Try both.

Associate
OP
i'll ahve to take a look at the freecom site actually n see if thers any updates for it. No there's no firewire support. just usb 2.

Think is as well, My comp also freezes when i scan for virus etc. I might just be because its started to scan the ext hd.

I'll have to try and run a virus scan on just the main hd to see if this is the case

Permabanned
Try the enclosure on another machine. I've had some weird problems with USB on one machine with a device only for it to work fine on another machine. Check for updated USB drivers.

It could be the USB controller in the desktop also.

Back
Top Bottom