PC Furniture

Soldato
Well am totally bamboozled about what & where, i really dont want to say much here and would like to mod to go over this.

Would it be ok to link Pc furniture only compaines, or catalogue or a certain swedish furniture place?

Also is it ok for other to reccomend and suggest where they bought it from as long as the place isn't a pc component selling place?

And why haven't OC got any furniture in stock? Would make a nice new addition.

Am looking for a chair has to be without wheels, and sturdy, no creeking, black leather is possible, i think i've found it though.

But its the computer desk am struggling with.

I'm moving to a small flat, and space is tight, so my current huge desk isn't coming with me.

I've got one place to put my comupter, in the corner of the room, but there is a door one side, the other, the front window.

So basically the desk has to be a trianglur shape, 80cm's on each side.

That pretty difficult to find.

There's a cheap one in a catalogue company, but it looks cheap, and i don;t think the 2nd shelf would be big enough for a 19" tft.

So any advice would be welcome.

PS: Sorry mods if there's anything wrong with this post, if so, just lock it.

Thanks,

Steven.

Soldato
OP
pastymuncher said:
If you have a basic knowledge of DIY then build your own desk. I could'nt find what i wanted for my computer room so i built my own. The top of the desk is a nice kitchen worktop in an L shape with the front piece that i face and where the monitor (21" Sony Trinitron crt) and pc sits is completely uncluttered apart from the monitor and pc. The side section has two home built shelf units for games etc on top but they are only the depth of a dvd and a little more so i still have loads of desktop space as well. Underneath that is some more shelving, a drawer to keep bits and bobs in (junk she says) and under that is a pull out shelf for my printer. Under the main worktop is a large pull out shelf where my keyboard and mouse sit side by side. All in all it cost around £60 and a days work. Meets my requirements exactly and is quite a bit higher than a off the shelf desk.

Like you though, all i need now is a decent chair. OCUK may be missing a trick there.

I am 100% useless at woodwork, it would be a disaster just thinking about it.

In DT my designs were great, detailed, accurate and easy to read.

Come to create my wooden box, well, it looked like someone had sat on it, and that's exactly what i told everyone.

Back
Top Bottom