PC game prices

Soldato
Anyone else worried by the recent huge rise in prices of PC games? Especially those only available as download? When PC games were around £25 the equivalent console game could be £10 more now that PC games are pretty much free to distribute they seem to have shot up to £40.

Andi.

Soldato
Yeh, I thought downloadable would cut the cost of packaging and distribution.

That was never going to happen. All digital distribution has done is to give the publishers tighter control over the pricing. No surprise that they've used the opportunity to drive prices up.

Soldato
That was never going to happen. All digital distribution has done is to give the publishers tighter control over the pricing. No surprise that they've used the opportunity to drive prices up.

In that case, they can't argue that its piracy driving up the cost then.

Soldato
Meh, I rarely buy games on release though, don't think I have bought a single PC game on release or at full price, only if they are on offer :p

Soldato
i rarely buy on release, but usually in the massive amount of sales us PC gamers get online.
i think theres quite a hefty cost involved in digital distribution with regard to high speed connections and huge amounts to be stored for online access.
it'd be quite interesting to know if its actualyl any cheaper than printing discs and covers etc

Soldato
Call of Duty games and blizzard games are the only ones that tend to go for a higher price, that's because they are greedy companies. Most other games can be got easily for sub 30 quid on release.

Back
Top Bottom