PC Gaming Upgrade Required

Associate
Hi all I have my pc gaming already for 4 years, I fell like I should give some upgrades but Im not really sure what I should upgrade.

ASUS STRIX GTX1070 08G
Intel Skylake Core i5 6600k 3.5Ghz
Corsair Vengence LPX RAM 8 GB DDR4 x 2
ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Motherboard
Corsair CP-9020091 RM650x
Cooler Master V8 GTS
970 EVO PLUS 250GB M.2 2280 PCI-E 3.0 X4 NVME SOLID STATE DRIVE

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards,

Francisco

Where does it struggle? If you're talking just gaming, probably go for a GPU upgrade and a bigger SSD?

But at this time I wouldn't bother upgrading GPU just yet - Nvidia Ampere next gen cards are due release mid-September time. Much better to invest your hard earned £££ then :)

For now, maybe just a bigger 1TB SSD or something? I imagine that 250GB drive is looking pretty full right now... Looks like you have a single M.2 NVMe slot on your board too you could use.

There's absolutely zero sense to upgrade graphics card, until next-gen cards are out from both makers and hopefully there's finally proper competition.
And if monitor is only medieval 1920x1080, there isn't fast need even then.

But that CPU has half the power of coming next-gen consoles and is going to be serious bottleneck.
And many heavier games are already limited by 4 core/4 thread, which is very low end by todays standards.
Just for comparison next-gen consoles come with 8 core/16 thread CPU.

And that SSD is just painfully small for modern games.
Wintoys10+Modern Warfare would fill it.
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matt...are-now-takes-up-over-200gb-of-storage-space/

I got a extra SSD og 500GB but not m2.
My monitor is a Asus rog 144ghz 32Inch.
So you recomending me to wait for new generation and upgrade GPU, CPU and SSD? But do you have any idea what should i get? I will wait for the new ones, but i was thinking to buy 2080ti and 9900k. But im confuse. I normally play just FPS games like Escape from Tarkov

Is that monitor 1440p res? Quite sure it is. I'd definitely wait until Nvidia's next gen GPUs come out mid-September ish.

Your motherboard only supports up to the Intel 7700k gen CPUs. So if you've got a decent budget to burn - but only play FPS games like that, I'd be more sensible and get a Ryzen 3700X, 16GB 3600MHz RAM and a decent B550/X570 motherboard.

GPU wise, right now I'd of said 2070 Super - but go for the new equivalent on release, so probably a 3070 maybe 3080. We don't know exact details yet on the new models yet, Nvidia aren't announcing any info until mid-August supposedly.

was thinking to buy 2080ti and 9900k.
2080 Ti's performance per price is best described as rape&robbery overpriced.
For it's ~200% higher price than Radeon 5700 XT it's only 35-40% faster.
And for comparison next Xbox has GPU which likely performs about similarly...

9900K ain't any better:
It's heavily brand overpriced for yester-yesteryear's product with only next-gen base level of cores/threads.
Because of Intel's greed it doesn't fit to your motherboard despite of same architecture and physically same socket.
And it would be on dead end platform without upgrades...

Back
Top Bottom