PC keeps turning off

Associate
Hello all,

My new pc keeps rebooting when trying to access files like game patches on a storage IDE Hdd which is a Hitachi deskstar 250GB. And my pc keeps truning off when trying to burn a dvd or cd. I reseated the mobo in the case re plugged in all the wires and it is still happening.

System specs

Amd opteron 144 @stock
Giel 2GB Value kit @ Stock
Ati power colour x800GTO @ stock
Samsung Sata II 80GB Primary drive
Hitachi deskstar 250GB IDE Storage
Hiper 580W modular black
DFI Sli-D

Thanks.

I have this problem too. Mine manifests itself more while i am gaming.

I have tried everything, basically swapping my entire brand new system over for another piece by piece.

THe only pieces left to change are psu (waiting on a hiper 580w as we speak) and the cpu (which i am seriously hoping is not the cause).

Let us know how you fair, thanks. I am hoping a new psu will fix the problem.

Well i set up the system with just the SATA drive downloaded the patch file which was on the IDE drive and i opened the file and the pc didnt crash. So am i right in thinking this pc doesent like the IDE drive becuase i might be able to get another SATA and put this 250GB IDE in my other pc.

Have you checked your event viewer in administrative tools for error messages that might explain the problem?

I recently had to uninstall and reinstall the nvidia drivers after multiple errors with the nvata bus which caused reboots (for a different pc than I had previously referred to).

dread base said:
Now my pc wont load up past the DFI logo when booting please help.
it wont get past the DFI logo when turning the pc on? what happens does it just freeze? or does it reboot after that? i'm thinking its more the motherboard if its just freezing on the DFI logo.

Back
Top Bottom