PC Not Posting!

Associate
Hi all,

Having some problems with a new system I just got in the post from ocuk.

The system is:

AMD X2 4400+
2 Gig G-Skill Ram
DFI Ultra-D mobo
Radeon x1900 xt (sapphire)

It wont post at all, the fans all come on and the power leds are alight but nothing, what can i check?

Have ram in slots 1 and 3 at the minute.

Cheers

Associate
OP
Power supply is an enermax noisetaker 600w so should easily be enough for the stuff and all my drives etc. Just taken it all apart and lucky the core is not damaged which was a main worry etc as the big typhoon i have on the top is a serious monster and doesnt fit too well on the board as uses only 2 of the 4 bolts etc, bit of a pain. Will try building it out of the case now and see what happens, is the ram in correct slots?

Soldato
Try just 1 Ram stick. Alternate between all of them to determine if one is faulty.

Lot of ram seems to be failing @ the moment, could be static issues related to the weather.

Associate
OP
Re-built it and nothing, there are 4 red leds in the bottom left that all light up and stay light, which i think means "System Start-up" but nothing happens. Dram LED is on when pc starts as is the standby light which is always on. Dont know what else to try :(

Soldato
Yeah, those red lights should go off one at a time as it posts.

There's a lot of information over at dfistreet forums. It would be worth a post on there.

fyi: It appears that if all 4 leds stay lit, it isn't getting over the first hurdle of detecting a cpu.

Edit: How about resetting bios,and making sure all 4 power connectors are in. Basic stuff, but you never know. :confused:

Associate
OP
DAVE YOU STAR..... had missed the 4 prong extra power connector, what a fool I am :(

Sorry for being an idiot all, first dual power build.

Associate
hartty said:
That old chesnut lol, next time i read a post like this thats the first thing im going to suggest

I think we need a big sticky " Before posting have you plugged in the four pin plug "

On a more down to earth thing if people would just take a few minutes to read the manual before they start the build many problems would be solved before they exist

I am not trying to put down the OP in any way

Back
Top Bottom