PC now won't boot after crashing.

Associate
So....Last night I was playing BF2 for a while and it all went fine until I came off and was talking on MSN then my PC decided to randomly crash, I was a bit annoyed but didn't think much more of it until I booted up again.

It gets to the main Windows loading screen stays on that for ages then blue screens and comes up with an error message saying something like "PAGEFILE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGEFILE_AREA" then it tells me to disable memory dumping/shadowing in the BIOS but I couldn't find that so I restarted again and it just keeps doing it over and over again.

So I try to re-install Windows. It gets to the Windows install bit fine, I deleted the Partition I had and made a new one and installed Windows on that, it gets so far through and blue screens with that error message

So I try quick format, full format and leaving the current file system intact but it STILL blue screens.
I thought it may have been my HDD (Samsung SpinPoint P SATA) so I try and old IDE one I had in my room and it does exactly the same bloody thing.

I was told that my memory (GeIL 2GB Value RAM) might be faulty so I run MemTest for a few hours and can't see a problem. Restart the PC and now I can't get a signal on the ****** screen. The NB fan stays on full power when it usually doesn't, it usually stays on full power for a few seconds and slows down. I get no beeps or anything so I really don't know what's up.

Spec just incase you need it:
DFI LanParty SLi-D Motherboard
BFG GeForce 7800GT OC GFX Card
2GB GeIL Value RAM
Hiper Type R 580W PSU
Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS sound card
1x 80GB Western Digital IDE HDD
1x 40GB Samsung Spinpoint P SATA HDD
Asetek WaterChill water cooling.

Any ideas.

Quick update:

I've cleared the CMOS and I now get a signal on the monitor but when I go into the BIOS to change the boot order to 1)CDROM 2)HDD 3)Floppy and save it then reboot it does the same as it was doing before....Not getting a signal on the monitor until I clear the CMOS.

I've just found some Crucial RAM that I had in my old PC and tried that out of despiration (SP?) and it worked :D

It boots just fine now. Just trying to install Windows. So now I think I'll need to RMA my RAM. :(

Well it's all sorted now. Had a bit of fun while installing Windows. First I forgot to put the SATA drivers on so Windows wouldn't work properly then I installed the wrong SATA driver. :o

Hopefully I'll have no more problems. :o

Cheers for the help Ruhbarb!

Now I say I've sorted it but I have a feeling some of the ram slots are faulty. I can run 256MB totally fine in the top yellow slot. If I shut down the PC and put another 256MB (Not Crucial) in the other yellow slot and it doesn't boot. If I take it out and swap the sticks round and just boot with the one stick of 256MB RAM it boots fine.

Grrrrrr PC's can be so annoying!

Back
Top Bottom