Pc only working with 1 ram stick

Associate
Just bought a 5800x, I have the latest bios, and all components are 100% working good. When I use 1 ram stick in the first dimma2 slot it works fine or if I use 2 sticks ( 1 in the first dimma 1 and 1 in the first dimma 2 ) it also works. However I want to use both dimma 2 slots for best performance. Any one know how I could fix this? Also when I use 2 sticks the ez debug will either come up with CPU or DRAM. Thanks

Are you putting both sticks in the correct slots to run in dual channel according to the manual.

Does each sticks work separately in single slot ?

Check cpu cooler isnt to tight and check cpu socket for bent pins.

Last edited:
I got a bit confused with your terminology on "dimma" slots, so just to be super explicit, are you saying that 2 sticks is working in DIMM A1 and DIMM B1, but not A2 and B2?
As mentioned make sure you check the mobo manual to identify the right slots.

I got a bit confused with your terminology on "dimma" slots, so just to be super explicit, are you saying that 2 sticks is working in DIMM A1 and DIMM B1, but not A2 and B2?
As mentioned make sure you check the mobo manual to identify the right slots.
Sorry, I mean ram only works with 1 stick if I put it in the 2nd slot (dimm A2), and it only works with 2 sticks if I put them in the first and second slot (dimm A2 and dimm A1)

Are you putting both sticks in the correct slots to run in dual channel according to the manual.

Does each sticks work separately in single slot ?

Check cpu cooler isnt to tight and check cpu socket for bent pins.
Both the sticks work fine as I’ve checked them individually, they only work together when I run them in the first and second slots, any other combination doesn’t work.

Back
Top Bottom