Pc performance

Associate
Afternoon all. I was recently given a pc from a friend and was hoping to get a little bit of advice on it.
I was told that it would run games like fortnite and warzone without any fuss, but I'm experiencing crashes and pretty bad graphics especially when playing fortnite.
The specs of the pc are:
AMD ryzen 7 2700k processor
16.0 gb (7.93 gb usable)
Nvidia gtx 750ti graphics card.
Windows 11

I've checked and made sure all drivers ect are up to date, I've also checked the system requirements for these games and I'm being told that the pc does meet them

I'm a complete novice to pc so I'm not sure if I'm going to need to upgrade anything to help run these games without the crashing.

Any advice would be really appreciated
Thanks

Soldato
The minimum specs for Warzone are the following:

Minimum Specifications

Here are the minimum specifications needed to play Call of Duty: Warzone:

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 / Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen 3 1200
RAM: 8 GB
Hi-Rez Assets Cache: Up to 32 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon RX 470
Video Memory: 2 GB

Your 750ti is a good deal slower than the 960 and 470 last I checked.

The CPU is a little over the minimum, but still borderline assuming any updates the game has had over the years that might increase requirements. Fortnite you might have better results with if you try using DX11 mode, I think it might default to the more modern DX12 version but don't quote me on that.

Edit: I misread that as an old Intel chip rather than Ryzen 2700, the K made me think it was a Sandy Bridge i7! The CPU is more than ample, it's 100% the GPU at fault.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
AMD ryzen 7 2700k processor
Do you mean 2700X?

I'd definitely replace the graphics card first, the 750 Ti is very weak by modern standards.

An RX 6600 is £200 new and would totally transform the gaming ability of that PC, assuming it has a suitable PSU and the card fits.

Soldato
First thing to do is find out why the system is crashing. The second would be figure what is going on with that 16gb of memory. I’m assuming that’s system RAM?

Last edited:
Soldato
First thing I would do is check why you only have 8GB of ram usable when you have 16GB installed.

Back
Top Bottom