PC Restarts ?? Lack of Power/Volts/CPU/MEMORY ?

Associate
Basically when im on my pc, after about 30 mins or so, OR using more than 1 programme on my pc, it suddenly shuts down and restarts...

its as if my pc is lacking cpu power,,,

this is strange i have a 2000xp amd with 2 gig ddr 2100

its only just started to happen, eg in the past 5 days, but its getting worse...

Even opening programmes like microsoft word , can kill my pc ...

What could the problem be ?
Any software i can downlaod to do a system check ?

please please help if you can, really appreciate it

thanx in advance

Lee Drummond

Associate
OP
I thought it was my cpu temp... but last night i managed to bring down the temp from 68 degrees to 45.

cpu fan temp is at 45 degrees, and its still cutting out ...

:(

Associate
OP
hey all, cheers for all your support so far. i think i may have just pin pointed the problem....

wiggled a stick of ram and it cut off my pc.. it didnt take much of a wiggle for it to switch off...

i have now taken all memory out and began process of elimination.. so i will place a stick bit by bit

Associate
OP
i unchecked the restart button, and got this error message ...

error.JPG

Associate
OP
i got that blue screen with a stick of 512 in one slot...

I also need to correct myself, i only do have 1024 mem, as ive got 2x256 aswell as the 512

I got that blue screen whe ni activated " Spread Spectrum" in my bios ....
the blue screen appeared as soon as windows had loaded, so i restarted, and disabled it,, and ive had it running all day so far an its not yet cut out ( fingers crossed )

Last edited:
Associate
OP
not yet mate, it hasnt crashed since ive put the 1 stick of 512 in ....

lol typical jsut when i want it to crash it wont.... ill be leaving pc on all day though so something might happen by tonight...

however i am noticing a lot of websites arent loading, or seem to be making my cpu work a lot...... when i say work a lot, it makes a higher pitch sound when i access websites...

im trying to look for any more viruses or spyware, but pc cillin says my system in clean... can you reccomend any FREE adware / spyware / virus scanner for me to check ?

Associate
OP
AAAAAHHHHHHHH
come to turn on pc ( IM ON LAPTOP NOW... )

and im faced with the blue screen with error message ..

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

It then suggests a restart, if this is the first time, so i restart my pc and i continue to get the same error msg, and my pc will not boot into windows :(
ivetried save mode with networking too, and not even that works.

i have tried swapping memory around, and also disconnecting/reconnecting my hard drive cables to motherboard

any suggestions please ?

Associate
OP
cheers daz, wil try that ..

do you know if theres a chance of loosing data from my HD ?

ther er some very impotent docs on there that were not backed up on my last backup..
i cant afford to loose them really.

p.s not able to get hold of my xpcd until the weekend as i left it at my gf's last weekend :( so it will be sunday at the earliest i can get it back :( boo whoo

Back
Top Bottom