PC shutting down

Soldato
I have recently started to get this problem,the pc shuts itself off, like there's been a power cut.This has happened 2 or 3 times in the last few weeks :confused: It can go for a week or two without it doing it,then all of a sudden... it does it again.

Do you think this is down to the psu ? Never had any problems like this before.
My Hiper 580w has been running in my machine for months.

Rob

I had this problem, i found out it was the cpu over heating due to the cooler as it had come slightly out of place on the mobo hence the cpu wasnt being cooled properly and it shut down when it was getting to hot!.
Otherwise, it could be your PSU, but i really wouldnt be sure.

good luck getting it sorted :)

Chris

It's not due to overheating,everything is underwater ;) So my temps are good all round cpu/gfx & the overclcock i'm running has been prime stable for months

This is what's making me think it could be a psu problem

Any other suggestions would be welcome

Cheers

Rob

I'd suspect the psu.....but because it's intermittent, difficult to narrow down.
I take it the power supply is good - I mean you got a surge protector etc and this is affecting nothing else?

I agree mate,it is pretty difficult to track it down.It's all plugged in to a decent surge protector etc.

The only thing i can think of is my psu,rails all look good in the bios,but may have to check with a multimeter to be sure.

The only thing with this is,if it's the psu,i would be expecting it to be happening more often & under heavy load :confused: Not as ramdom as it is at the moment,weeks have passed between shutdowns

This is why i'm a bit stumped

Cheers,

Rob

Hi,

I had this problem start to happen at the weekend.

PC has been running flawlessly since I built it perhaps as long at 2year+ ago.

Like you it would just immediately turn off, it happened 3 times in the space of 25 minues and then ran ok for a good few hours.

I reseated the gfx card and it seemed to run for 8 hours with out any problems looping 3DMark...... and then when at the windows desktop it suddenly turned off again.

I took the whole thing to bits, removed all the dust and unplugged/replugged all connections and leads. I even removed the PSU opened it up and removed all the dust inside.

I have put it all back together and so far its been fine now for over 24 hours, so what ever it was has been fixed (i HOPE)

Good Luck Diddy

Back
Top Bottom