PC Stalling.. PSU to blame?

Soldato
im pretty sure its to do with my PSU.. ummm its an e"Competitor" value PSU :(

basically my PC has started stalling randomly and as i said im pretty sure its my rubbish psu but just to be sure, im asking. my PC stalls after leaving it on for a few hours then coming back to it. i come back and start to use it again and it stalls and i have to restart.

when i built my rig i was unaware of the importance of a decent PSU, now i am :(

heres my spec:

A64 3500+ @ 2.53Ghz
1GB OCZ Value DDR PC3200
ATi Radeon X1800XT 512MB
500W Generic PSU :(

is my rubbish PSU the problem?

Associate
What mobo are you using, does it need a 24 pin ATX 2.0 PSU (which I doubt you have) and does your graphics card have it's own power connected.

I would expect a PSU to fail or complain before leaving it idle for a couple of hours and suspect you are overheating! Do you monitor the temps of CPU, Mobo and Gfx?

Having said this, please change to a quality PSU before it does go BANG! It may be that one of the expensive parts dies as a result. :eek:

Soldato
OP
all temps are ok and i dont have a decent psu to test other than a 400W Q-Tec in a rig that was given to me but i think il take my chances with the generic :cool:

Associate
naffa, this may be worth a try? I recently left my Vcore on auto instead of 1.5 and got occasional bsod's so it might be worth upping your vcore by .25v or even .5v to try. Just in case?

Back
Top Bottom