PC Trouble Help!

Associate
My PC is playing up loads, it takes forever to boot, programs often crash, gaming isnt good. I have done virus, spyware scans and all is clear, my drivers are all up to date (apart from BIOS upgrade) im running:-

3.2 Prescott
ASUS P4s800D skt478
1gb Corsair Value 3200
X-fi fatal1ty Sound
200 GB maxtor IDE133 (almost full) <-- could this be problem?

my system has many pieces of valuable data, and i feel if i don't act quickly theyre going to go, suggest the best option, whether this fix the current setup. or maybe get new parts or something?

Thanks
Lawrence

Associate
Elvis- said:
My PC is playing up loads, it takes forever to boot, programs often crash, gaming isnt good. I have done virus, spyware scans and all is clear, my drivers are all up to date (apart from BIOS upgrade) im running:-

3.2 Prescott
ASUS P4s800D skt478
1gb Corsair Value 3200
X-fi fatal1ty Sound
200 GB maxtor IDE133 (almost full) <-- could this be problem?

my system has many pieces of valuable data, and i feel if i don't act quickly theyre going to go, suggest the best option, whether this fix the current setup. or maybe get new parts or something?

Thanks
Lawrence

First thing to do is backup your data to CD/DVD and make sure that it can be read on another machine.

Then wipe the machine and start again

Thats what I do when I have problems. I have a raptor as my primary and it's quicker to install my OS and apps than it takes to run a virus scan and spyware check!

Back
Top Bottom