PC tune up

Soldato
Built my machine at the end of December but started to notice a slow down in games now, i mainly play BF2 and CoH/CoV.

Tried the basics, such as defragging and updating drivers but i'm still noticing a loss in FPS, while it's not game destroying, it's annoying.

Temperture seems o.k in the machine, only thing thats changed in the machine really has been the recent windows updates. Installed powerDVD and a couple of game demo's as well. Took powerdvd off just incase that was the problem.

I have an X2 processor, i have changed that to single core in windows XP pro since i was noticing some instability with duel core, since then i havnt had any crashes and games ran as well as they did before, the slow down problem occured a couple of days after i changed to single core.

I've down a virus scan with nortons on my XP partition and a scan with NOD on my XP64 partition, both came up clean. I havn't ran ad-aware yet though.

All temperatures inside the machine are within their normal range.

The ultimate solution is to format and and reinstall windows, but i generally try to only do that every 6 months or so. Can any1 point me towards either a guide or a piece of software to help me tune up windows.

Soldato
OP
I'll give that Black Viper a whirl tomorrow.

Don't think it's nortons, while playing a game i turned off both my AV and firewall and saw no improvement.

Back
Top Bottom