PC Upgrade, help me out...

Associate
Hello overclockers!

Im due my company bonus a week on monday and I have been pointed this way by my house mate to ask for advice!

I need to buy a new mobo, cpu and gfx card plus possibly another 1gig of ram to take me up to 2gig.

My budget is £500-£600 but id like to keep it down as much as possible. Basically I have a TFT so I dont play in anything above 1280x1024. I want to be able to run WoW at full detail and full view distance perfectly and the game I really want to be able to play this year is Quake Wars do any upgrade must be able to play this flawlessly (this will hopefully replace my CS addiction). I also want to be able to play BF2 at full detail (thus the extra gig which Im told is essential plus its supposed to make a massive difference to WoW).

What should I buy, Im basically ready to order so what is going to guarantee me gaming pleasure for my favourite games?

Cheers

Associate
OP
I have a Antec 480W PSU in my Sonata II case, would I be better dropping the Hiper PSU and getting a X2 3800 for the dual core, or am i better going for the pure power of the single core?

Is the GT definatley enough for WoW and Doom 3/Quake Wards (apprently if you can run Doom 3 well Quake Wars will be fine)...

Associate
OP
The 1800XL is a definate possibility, but there is no CPU in your price up abov.

Do i definately need to upgrade from the Antec PSU I already have?

Just out of interest are all 7800GTs the same, there is quite a difference in the price of some of them, I know most ATI cards are all the same, is this the same for the Nvidia ones?

Back
Top Bottom