PC vs Xbox 360 hypothetically...

Associate
y running this PC:

AMD64 2.4Ghz 512k L2 Cache
2gb Geil value DDR400
6800GT 256mb AGP
X-Fi xtreme music
Tagan 480W PSU

I have 5.1 Logitech z5500's which either PC or 360 can use. Now, I have a large purse of monies to spend - probably around £400 - but I am trying to make a sensible decision. This is purely hypothetical, but do you think it would be better to buy a premium 360, and shelling out for games which are £50 each, or spending more on a PC, if I could hypothetically get PC games for free?

The main stead behind the argument is the dominance of system exclusive games to the 360 versus the PC. I play RPGs, then FPS's. I've never played multiplayer stuff regularly, but the missus is possibly interested in playing racing games on the 360, which might be quite neat.

Advice? Opinions?

Associate
OP
Lots of very good points, greatly appreciated. One thing I thought of is that I should probably give some weight to the system exclusive game catalogue situation. The only reason I'm even considering getting a console is because the PC games seem to be drying up. I read through a list of PC exclusive games for the comming year, and there are only a handful in the lineup for the YEAR that I even like the look of. I know this'll be added to, but would you agree it might be smart of me to compare lists of games rather than fretting myself about cards and consoles? Any other thoughts? Btw I meant playing games with her.

Fluff_eei

Associate
OP
I strongly agree with you Guru, and I know exactly what you mean watchtower.

The price of games is what kills the consoles for me. I think I may upgrade my PC and hold on until the 360 gets chipped, purely hypothetically of course.

Fluff_eei

Back
Top Bottom