PC Won't Turn On!

Soldato
Hi all,

Need a bit of help here! When I press the power button on my PC the LEDs in the fans and the cathodes light up for a split second and then turn off. Other than that, the system does nothing!

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (Stock HSF)
Asus A8N-SLi Premium
1Gb GeIL RAM
160Gb SATA-II HDD
GeForce/Leadtek 7800GT PCI-E
Hiper 580W PSU
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream

Any help appreciated, thanks,

Jon

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all your replies.

ajm: No, unfortunately I don't. I'll see if I can get hold of one, good idea.

lee87: Done both of these things to no avail. The CPU fan is not spinning - nothing is running whatsoever.

Skeeter: I thought of this, but I assumed it couldn't be because the system did something when the button was pressed (lights flash). A wire either works or it doesn't, and if the wire was broken, not even the lights would turn on.

Thanks again everyone,

Jon

Soldato
OP
Yep I tried that as well! Had it set up with just CPU, 7800gt, 1 stick of RAM (no HDD or IDE devices) and still exactly the same thing happens.

OCUK apparently do a strip-down/rebuild service for £50, which I may end up doing. I bought the parts from OCUK last week, so everything is under warranty.

Jon

Soldato
OP
Tyke... I haven't heard of many people with problems with the Hiper 580W, and looking at the following thread it would seem as if it may be the mobo:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17535016

Well I might end up just paying the £50 for OCUK to do the strip-down/rebuild service. I bought all the parts from OCUK just last week, so if anything has gone wrong (mobo, PSU etc) they can replace it directly.

Jon

Soldato
OP
Aha. I'll have to get hold of another PSU to test the system with. I'll let you know what happens, but it's gonna be a week or two before I can borrow one...

Thanks mate! I hope it is the PSU, just because it's so much easier to replace!

Jon

Soldato
OP
Definitely one of the most annoying problems I've had in a PC! Well that just about definitely isolates it to the PSU.

I see what you mean about the intermittent stuff.

Good luck :)

Jon

Back
Top Bottom