pci-e lanes

Associate
hi i have a z370 plus gaming motherboard and rtx2080, cpu 8700k and i was wondering if by adding a pci-e storage would impact the pci-e lanes used by the gpu,i was thinking of getting a addin card with at least 4 slots, apparently i would need 16 pci-e lanes to run that configuration with 4 m.2s, is there any info please...

Man of Honour
hi i have a z370 plus gaming motherboard and rtx2080, cpu 8700k and i was wondering if by adding a pci-e storage would impact the pci-e lanes used by the gpu,i was thinking of getting a addin card with at least 4 slots, apparently i would need 16 pci-e lanes to run that configuration with 4 m.2s, is there any info please...

This is the Asus TUF? The manual is a bit confusing, but from what I can gather, it looks like the second full-length slot will only ever operate with 4 lanes.

I think the 8/4+4 on the primary PCI-E is referring to bifurcation, so my assumption is that it will keep the 16 lanes, even when the second slot is populated.

A 3x M.2 add-in card is supported in the primary PCI-E slot, but obviously that's no good when you have a graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom