PDF app - rip title and page

Soldato
Hi all,

Odd one. My wife works at an insurance broker, and it's a time consuming job. I've been telling her to constantly look for areas where it can be automated or trimmed down to make it more efficient. Not doing the job myself I can't help too much but she brought work home the other night and was having to put areas to check into a letter "please see <TITLE> on page X of the policy".

She was doing it from a printed document but 99% of the time it's a PDF. They only have one screen at her work which makes it harder to do, so she has to copy the title and note the page, tab to the word doc, paste it and type in the page number, tab back. It's not massively time consuming but I think it can be cut down a little more.

Idea is to have a PDF open, select the title with the mouse, either press a key combo/RMB and context menu option/always on top button that she then clicks. It takes the title, page it's on and automatically saves it to a text box/notepad/word file. Then, when it's done she simply opens where it's saved, select all, copy and paste in to the letter.

This may save a few minutes per policy which isn't a lot, but when there's 6 staff doing this many times a day those minutes will add up.

So firstly, before I invest time developing something, does anyone know of anything out there that does this already?

Secondly, how, and in what language would you approach this? I know a bit of python, but quite frankly, not an ideal solution for regular users. C# maybe or a package like Autohotkey?

I'm thinking C# would be the best but it means me starting from scratch with it but it could be a nice Christmas time off hobby plus learning C#, but if there is faster way it'd be nice just to get it done.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom