Pearlescent paint repair

Associate
Unfortunately some sad and bitter individual has taken it upon themselves to walk all the way to the far corner of the car park just to key my car. Funnily enough I've parked here without incident at the weekends for a long period of time, yet I park here on a weekday once and this happens. Extremely frustrating, but what can you do.

I took it to a local place on a friends recommendation, but they declined saying they weren't confident in getting the paint to match since it's a three stage pearl. I'm a bit concerned about being able to get those tiny dents out since they're small, deep, and the door is made of aluminium. Part of me wants to take it to a main dealer and let them sort it, but from what I've read they'll just put it to a random local bodyshop anyway.

Random opinions on the internet range from "it's easy any idiot could fix it" to "it'll never look the same again". What's motors' opinion?

More pics here: https://imgur.com/a/jpyOxBk
MCg0FcF.jpg

Associate
OP
I'm East Anglia/Cambridge area so if anyone has any recommendations I'm all ears. There's a smart repair guy nearby but difficult to find any decent feedback on him - will give him a call and see what he thinks.

Will try and get a couple of wider shots tomorrow when it's light.

Back
Top Bottom