• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pease have a look. 6300 temps.

Associate
Hi
I am hoping that someone out there can put my mind at rest regarding the temps I am seeing with my new core duo e6300 conroe. My motherboard is a Gigabyte 965p-ds3p and I am using a Zalman 9500 cpu cooler. I am using coretemp and tat to take cpu temps. I turn my pc on in the morning after it has been off all night and check coretemp as soon as windows boot up and I get temps of around 33 to 35c and after a while it idles at around 42 to 45c with a tjunction of 100c. The cpu has been lapped and is flat as well as the heatsink. When using Orthos the temps go up to 70c. I have tried eveything including putting artic silver on every way possible but the temps do not change. I today tried the stock intel cooler but this too gave me the exact same temps as the Zalman. Do you think that I have a hot chip or maybe coretemp and tat are not giving me the right readings.

Thanks for looking.

Soldato
just press the prtScr button on your keyboard (at the side of scroll lock) and then open paint, once there hold ctrl and press V, save this as a jpeg and find a site to host your image (easily googled) then it should give you a link, just post that here

Associate
OP
image.php
[/URL][/IMG]

This is idle and below is under 100% load

image.php
[/URL][/IMG]

I have overclocked the cpu but only by raising the fsb and I have not touched the cpu voltage.

Soldato
des511 said:
I am hoping that someone out there can put my mind at rest regarding the temps I am seeing with my new core duo e6300 conroe.
Hi Des,

I have the same CPU although I bought mine last year, it runs pretty cool when at stock but as soon as I overclock it the temps really fly up. Normally TAT and Coretemp get the temps right but there is something not quite right here. I noticed that Coretemp is showing your CPU as having a T-Junction of 100°C which is different from mine

tjunctionfp8.jpg

(left) Big.Wayne e6300 (1.333vCore) Full Orthos Load 4 + hours, Ultra-120 + 120mm Quiet Fan

Your copy of Speed Fan is showing two cores running at a more believable temp of 55°C, not sure but I think the T-Junction has something to do with it?

des21cead3.jpg

Associate
i have a 6320 @2828 on 1.312v in the same mobo with a ninja, running temps after around thirty minutes idle are 24ish from tat and core temp 95 and speed fan
have you tried with the cpu volts any lower
i have not used SF 94

Last edited:
Soldato
musicman said:
i have a 6320 @2828 on 1.312v in the same mobo with a ninja, running temps after around thirty minutes idle are 24ish from tat and core temp 95 and speed fan

cputempsidlexc8.jpg
musicman, can you click both the [start] buttons on TAT (highlighted in red above), that will show your max load which I am interested to see, thanks! :)

Associate
my temps on mine jumped up in degs once i changed my volts to auto after i de clocked it to a similar speed to yours.

in all window proggies cpuz etc it said volts were set to 1.32 but whne i went into the bois hardware monitor it was using 1.51 volts.

so i decieded to set it manually and the temps are a lot lower now worth a look just to see.

Associate
OP
I think I am going to believe coretemp 0.94 because when I start the pc up my room temp is about 20 to 21c and coretemp 0.95 and tat were telling me that my temps were in the 35 to 37c mark. Now I cannot see how my chip would jump up 15c in the space of 30 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom