People complaining about paying for their own care again = massive entitlement

Associate
This story is doing the rounds again - looks like Jeremy Corbo-Hunt is banging the drum for 'free' care agin - capped at 45k max, even for those with 2million pound houses.

Now, if it's not enough for the vast majority of healthy people being locked up for 1 year, to 'help out' the old and unproductive - why should we now have to fork out for the oldies' care? What's wrong with them just getting a loan on their houses or selling them etc..? Gotta love these baby boomers overinflated sense of entitlement!:rolleyes:

You want excessive health care, you pay! What's wrong with that?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Is this a covid related rant or should it be in GD or (crossing myself) SC?
Sure it's covid related - ie. everyone locked up for 1 yr to protect the old, now they want free care homes as well! I mean where does it end?

Do you have a massive chip on your shoulder about everything?
So, are you prepared to contribute to your own care or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
No they don't.

They pay for the care of people currently being cared for.

The idea that the enormous Boomer generation, the largest voting block in history it seems relevant to mention, who had barely anyone old to pay for during their working lives, who had the greatest social mobility the country has seen, who swallowed up the housing market to deny it to those following.... To now have that vampiric generation looking to once more leech the blood of the young to maintain their advantages.... It's shocking.

**** this government, and the opposition who have now equally abandoned the young.

excellent post!:)

and there's for sure a correlation with these people and the pro-lockdown brigade - I mean the lockdown is actually way pushing up house prices, and the young and poor will have to pay for it all in the years ahead

Associate
OP
Can we time-capsule this and make the op read it again in 40 years time?

I aint no fan of how the world is for young folks currently, but man that is some next level hatred.
How about you start then by contributing 5K to the regeneration fund for lost employment, business and freedom then.
Are you up for that? Nah, didn't think so..........:rolleyes:

Associate
OP
No? I'm in exactly that position too, 18 years of building our business up just to watch it go down the pan over the last year. I'm just not a bitter and twisted person over it like you. **** happens, you've just got stop whining like a little ***** that it's other peoples fault and get on with it.
You sound like some kind of dilettante, most likely you're happy just living on other peoples' money now, aka 'furlough', or some kind of govt. 'loan'.

Associate
OP
Failure to adapt to change is a failure of personal responsibility.

You clearly should have diversified more, rather than demanding the government changes approach because you failed to make appropriate preparations.
yeah right, coming from some old guy who's probably long retired anyway:rolleyes:

Associate
OP
Just wait until your parents are older and you've been looking forward to the house and money they've left you in their wills but all of a sudden it's all being taken away from you for their care.
You'll soon change your mind.
How about for those people who won't inherit a house? did that ever occur to you, or do you think they should just carry on paying for those that do....that = entitlement!

Back
Top Bottom