People you admired but now you don't

Man of Honour
I'll give two examples:

1) I've always admired Leonardo De Vinci and even have a t-shirt but around a month ago my world was shattered (dramatic music). I watched a documentary which showed he plagiarised everybody else's ideas but just put a sprinkle on top. He did cut bodies up for the anatomy and obviously painted the Mona Lisa but I feel let down by the cheat.

2) Houdini. Just watched a series showing his greatest tricks and it was 'meh'. I admire the sleight of hand and his brain to work things out but still 'meh'. His water torture trick took about 30 seconds to get out of and then he sat behind backstage for an hour.

My mate for example had a collection of George Best memorabilia but binned it all when George destroyed the new liver that was donated to him.

So any examples or convince me Leonardo and Houdini should still have my admiration.

Man of Honour
OP
It is worth mentioning that Gareth Thomas was married to a female, the lady had three miscarriages so no doubt his team mates would have considered him to be heterosexual. I've played a bit or rugby in my past and at the end of the game there is usually communal showers, I think nowadays there are communal ice baths (NOT my bag) and I wouldn't like to think that I'd had communal showers/baths with a guy I thought was heterosexual only to discover that all the time he had been homosexual. He could very well have told his team mates from the outset. I haven't got much else to say on the matter really.

I can't count how many married heterosexual guys I knew with kids who have eventually come out, three of them actually came out to me first and many of them I've shared showers with after a football match - it bothered me not one jot.
Contrary to popular belief gay blokes don't fancy every bloke they see.

Back
Top Bottom