• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

performance tweaks for 3700x

Associate
hi all i currently have a 3700x in my setup which i use for gaming and was wondering what performance tweaks people have done? I've read about undervolting which obviously helps with temps but i also read that you can get performance gains from doing this aswell.

Soldato
When I had a 3700x overclocking dropped game performance. I left it at auto and under volted by 0.0750.

with 3000 chips ram in infinity frantic speed is important. If you can have both sett to 3600 (1800 in bios)

Associate
OP
When I had a 3700x overclocking dropped game performance. I left it at auto and under volted by 0.0750.

with 3000 chips ram in infinity frantic speed is important. If you can have both sett to 3600 (1800 in bios)
yea I've done a slight negative offset for the cpu voltage and i have overclocked my ram to 3600mhz but as for tightening the timings i have no idea on what the numbers should be.:confused:

Soldato
yea I've done a slight negative offset for the cpu voltage and i have overclocked my ram to 3600mhz but as for tightening the timings i have no idea on what the numbers should be.:confused:

just use the system if it works bro, you will see zero to no real world gains.
the one thing to do is see that the infinity frantic is set to 1800mhz or linked. you want it on a 1:1 ration with your ram. if its off set then you are losing performance

Associate
OP
just use the system if it works bro, you will see zero to no real world gains.
the one thing to do is see that the infinity frantic is set to 1800mhz or linked. you want it on a 1:1 ration with your ram. if its off set then you are losing performance
Ah ok so I need to set the fclk in the bios to 1800mhz? Then to check settings I just use something like cpu-z

Back
Top Bottom