** Peripheral Showcase **

Associate
Is there any reason why people are getting these super compact keyboards?! (Ie do they have any advantage over the normal ones?!?)

Not sure I could live without the num pad and full buttons as I code, but curious if any advantage!!
I've wondered the same recently but I suppose it's down to personal preference ;) I'm still rocking a MERC Stealth :) Which is HUGE in comparison to almost all other keyboards.

Associate
Is there any reason why people are getting these super compact keyboards?! (Ie do they have any advantage over the normal ones?!?)

Not sure I could live without the num pad and full buttons as I code, but curious if any advantage!!

Smaller keyboards enable the use of larger mouse pads while still keeping your arms in a neutral position, not flared out to your sides.

Associate
A sunnier or damper area than Ron-ski....
Smaller keyboards enable the use of larger mouse pads while still keeping your arms in a neutral position, not flared out to your sides.
Hmm very interesting - to be fair, when you also look at a standard keyboard there are some completely daft keys still on it - my youngest was asking about the keys and I had no idea why there's an ALT and an ALT GR, SYS REQ, Pause/Break etc ! So probably could drop a few keys and not miss them!

Random data nerd question, is there any software that can count how many times I press each key??

It'd be really cool to be able to track how many times each key is used - some I've probably never pressed (eg sys req) and others must get a battering!

This might let you design the optimised keyboard for your own usage!

Associate
Hmm very interesting - to be fair, when you also look at a standard keyboard there are some completely daft keys still on it - my youngest was asking about the keys and I had no idea why there's an ALT and an ALT GR, SYS REQ, Pause/Break etc ! So probably could drop a few keys and not miss them!

Random data nerd question, is there any software that can count how many times I press each key??

It'd be really cool to be able to track how many times each key is used - some I've probably never pressed (eg sys req) and others must get a battering!

This might let you design the optimised keyboard for your own usage!

You mean like, a keylogger? :D I've never looked but I'm sure you could set one up on your machine without much of an issue!

Associate
A sunnier or damper area than Ron-ski....
Heheh, yes I thought exactly the same!! It's like a non- nefarious version of that! :cry:

Trouble is I can't actually think what to Google as 'keylogger' is the actual term, but that gets you into the dark world!

As you say, pretty easy to code, it'd just be cool to see what other people's usages and differences are too..... for some reason I suspect people won't want to install my keylogger on their pcs.... :cry::cry::cry:

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Latest iteration of the flight sim:

cdqlyIC.jpg

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
RLvTTWB.jpeg
New iteration:
- have moved a few things around for ergonomic reasons, eg the WinWing panels have moved from the left side to the lower centre and the MFDs have put higher
- have added a s/h 4 point Willans harness. No, it doesn’t genuinely do anything useful, but it “feels” a little more immersive being locked in. The Willans happens to use the same number of harnesses as a Tornado jet and also has a similar type of release mechanism

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
RLvTTWB.jpeg
New iteration:
- have moved a few things around for ergonomic reasons, eg the WinWing panels have moved from the left side to the lower centre and the MFDs have been mounted higher
- have added a s/h 4 point Willans harness. No, it doesn’t genuinely do anything useful, but it “feels” a little more immersive being locked in. The Willans happens to use the same number of harnesses as a Tornado jet and also has a similar type of release mechanism

Underboss
RLvTTWB.jpeg
New iteration:
- have moved a few things around for ergonomic reasons, eg the WinWing panels have moved from the left side to the lower centre and the MFDs have been mounted higher

nice

i see the beer holder :D

Back
Top Bottom