Petrol station

Associate
I only fill up once or twice a month, but I've started noticing people queuing at a pump despite the pump right next to it being free, I assume, because they only want to use a pump situated on the same side as their filler cap. Surely people know this isn't necessary and that the pump stretches? At least I've never had a problem, albeit I drive a small car and don't park a meter away from the pump like some people seem to do. This doesn't really bother me at the petrol station I mostly use as I get to a pump faster, but at the one other I go to their is a kind of bottleneck so it's pretty frustrating having to queue when pumps are free!

Anyone else noticed this?

Associate
OP
I'm quite precious about the paint on my car, and I don't like touching the pump or hose really, they are dirty and smell so I just put it in and wedge the filler cap in the trigger. I will continue to wait for a pump on the correct side. If you don't want to do that, then it's not a problem for you, why complain?

Did you not finish reading my sentence? For reference it's below:

This doesn't really bother me at the petrol station I mostly use as I get to a pump faster, but at the one other I go to their is a kind of bottleneck so it's pretty frustrating having to queue when pumps are free!
Anyone else noticed this?

Their is one station I sometimes use which has a sort of queuing bottleneck meaning if someone is refusing to use a free pump, they're also blocking me from using it.

Associate
OP
I have to admit I'm pretty surprised by the amount of people who do this, and still not convinced of the reasons.

- Hose doesn't reach - I've never experienced this, are people parking meters away from the pump.
- People don't want the hose touching the car - Again, easy enough to avoid if you park correctly.

The only valid reason I've read so far is that the fuel you want, isn't available or out of order on some pumps so you've got no choice to queue.

Back
Top Bottom