PG35VQ Opinions

Associate
OP
Loving it tbh, i already had a lot of HDR games that i hadn't played yet. currently playing through fallen order and the game looks amazing.
Even when i play cold war or warzone with friends it just looks so awesome.
I have turned my hdr up to 25 though i think that's my sweet spot

How are you getting on?

Soldato
How are you getting on?
RDR2 on this monitor is something to behold. I’m tempted for a second play through

One thing am getting is every time my monitor goes into sleep mode after i leave my PC idle when i wake it up again HDR is off and the only way to turn HDR back on is to reboot the PC

Is this happening with you guys ?

On another note the other night i must have spent about 2 or 3 hours trying to get HDR to work in Tomb raider 2013 by using Special K
Tomb Raider (2013) - PCGamingWiki PCGW - bugs, fixes, crashes, mods, guides and improvements for every PC game

Last edited:
Associate
One thing am getting is every time my monitor goes into sleep mode after i leave my PC idle when i wake it up again HDR is off and the only way to turn HDR back on is to reboot the PC

Is this happening with you guys ?

On another note the other night i must have spent about 2 or 3 hours trying to get HDR to work in Tomb raider 2013 by using Special K
Tomb Raider (2013) - PCGamingWiki PCGW - bugs, fixes, crashes, mods, guides and improvements for every PC game

Don’t have such an issue. But I suggest you disable the deep sleep from the OSD menu of the monitor. Maybe that will fix it (I have it disabled on mine)

Soldato
Loving it tbh, i already had a lot of HDR games that i hadn't played yet. currently playing through fallen order and the game looks amazing.
Even when i play cold war or warzone with friends it just looks so awesome.
I have turned my hdr up to 25 though i think that's my sweet spot

How are you getting on?
RDR2 on this monitor is something to behold. I’m tempted for a second play through
I played a few hours of shadow of the tomb raider last night and it looked so incredible on this monitor :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

Associate
Nice to hear. I’m still waiting for parts to build my new system, but even with my 8700k/2080Ti the experience with this monitor is way out there

Soldato
@chaparral - how you getting on with this? Ace, or buyer’s remorse?
Am loving it :)

No buyers remorse, I bought this monitor with the money i was going to use to upgrade to a 3090 and am so pleased i did as a 3090 would never of made games look like this monitor makes them look
The only remorse is i now don't like playing games that doesn't support HDR :D

The main downside for me is it impossible to not notice the Halo around some bright items that the FALD causes..

My last monitor PG348 was only 300cd/㎡ brightness where this one is 1000cd/㎡ HDR & 500cd/㎡ SDR which i think due to my last monitor low brightness it kind of made games look flat & boring

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Am loving it :)

No buyers remorse, I bought this monitor with the money i was going to use to upgrade to a 3090 and am so pleased i did as a 3090 would never of made games look like this monitor makes them look
The only remorse is i now don't like playing games that doesn't support HDR :D

The main downside for me is it impossible to not notice the Halo around some bright items that the FALD causes..

My last monitor PG348 was only 300cd/㎡ brightness where this one is 1000cd/㎡ HDR & 500cd/㎡ SDR which i think due to my last monitor low brightness it kind of made games look flat & boring
Cheers for the update. Are you having any problems with ghosting?

The FALD is what makes me hesitate. Does it go away if you turn HDR off? I guess it’s only an issue on static high contrast backgrounds rather than in games?

Soldato
Cheers for the update. Are you having any problems with ghosting?

The FALD is what makes me hesitate. Does it go away if you turn HDR off? I guess it’s only an issue on static high contrast backgrounds rather than in games?
I haven't noticed any ghosting but am the wrong person to ask for that as i don't really play many fast FPS these days.
Am more into slower stuff like the tomb raider games these days (Am getting to old for fast FPS games :D)

The FALD effects doesn't really brother me as seeing what HDR games look like on this monitor is something you need to see for yourself to understand the difference it makes :D:D:D

Man of Honour
I haven't noticed any ghosting but am the wrong person to ask for that as i don't really play many fast FPS these days.
Am more into slower stuff like the tomb raider games these days (Am getting to old for fast FPS games :D)

The FALD effects doesn't really brother me as seeing what HDR games look like on this monitor is something you need to see for yourself to understand the difference it makes :D:D:D
Thanks for your response.

After a lot of umming and ahh-ing over various monitors I've decided..... to sack off this, the LG950s, the Alienware 38", the LG CX... and plump with the 1080p PG259QN! The aforementioned mega monitors just all seem that they are not quite there in some form or another. Just little things that would annoy me. By spending 'only' £650 on the PG259QN, I'll have the crazy refresh rates (which I should hit with a 3090), I will avoid any fear of buyer's remorse and will then have a fair bit more cash towards the PG32UQX as and when that ever arrives.... should I feel like it.. and I'll have over £1k more cash in the bank in the interim.

That's my rationale anyway! Again, thanks for the input :)

Edit: I suppose the downside of this approach is that it makes the 3090 a bit of a redundant purchase with 1080p - could have gone with a 3080 :o but I guess it may be a smidge more future proof for when I do upgrade.... if ever.

Last edited:
Soldato
I will avoid any fear of buyer's remorse and will then have a fair bit more cash towards the PG32UQX as and when that ever arrives....
That the monitor i can't wait to see reviews of...
But i feel that the price of it is going be totally crazy :( and maybe even over double the price i paid for my PG35VQ (i paid £1500 ex vat for it)

Man of Honour
That the monitor i can't wait to see reviews of...
But i feel that the price of it is going be totally crazy :( and maybe even over double the price i paid for my PG35VQ (i paid £1500 ex vat for it)
Ex VAT..... ah, for business use I see? :p

Yes, I anticipate it will be at a similar price to the PG35VQ on release but it will be discounted eventually. At that point, I'd hope we'd have small OLEDs!

Soldato
I'd hope we'd have small OLEDs!
I have a feeling that never going to happen :(

There meant to be very little demand these days for a high end small TV ..
I bought a couple of new 32" Smart TV's for the Kitchen and other bedroom last year and there was really only cheap £150 to £300 ones available to choose from the major brands like Sony, Samsung, Panasonic , LG etc

Last edited:
Soldato
I been spending the last few hours comparing my PG35VQ against my OLED and am now starting to think the picture on my PG35VQ actually looks better :eek:

But it not easy to say as some stuff looks better on the OLED and some looks better on the PG35VQ

Back
Top Bottom