PGR Problem with going from 1 player to 2

Associate
Hi guys

I was playing PGR last night, single player on a 19" crt [Hyundia] on this resolution: 1280x1024

Looks great, now my mate came around and we played 2 player but when ever we started the race... the Scenary was really blurred... so i tried the 1024x768 [other res i used b4 the update] and the same thing happened

Note these are the only images which can support the "Normal" mode [not widescreen] where as all the other force me to use wide screen..

The only was we were able to play was by using one of the others in a forced wide screen mode... now ive tried putting the 1280x1024 and the 1024x768 into widescreen modes and its the same blurring effect..

Any ideas? does this mean every time i want to switch between 1 and 2 player, i have to Exit to the console and swap the res? it doesnt sound right

Thanks

Associate
Yeah i've experienced it, i presumed it was them basically lowering the detail to keep performance up, was nearly unplayable though.

Associate
just got a vga lead and its started doing the same here. it did not do it when i was running on a normal tv (ie not hd). anyone got an answer?

ill try running it in lowest res (ie same at telly, if possible) see if that fixes it....

Associate
also i dont think its a "slow down / optimise" thing

its amlost like the blur effect is the wrong way round. the very near objects are not blurred and the distance objects are way too blurred.

and i dont think "over blurring" would help optimise it. everything is being rendered in full, they are then being blurred (?)

Back
Top Bottom