Phanteks D30 daisychaining

Man of Honour
What case do you have

NZXT H9 flow.

I was happy until I realised this morning that those 3 fans are acting as exhausts rather than intakes. They’ll look stupid if I turn them around and they are the most visible part of the case.

I do absolutely love the case though, it was a joy to work with and is brilliant to look at.

Last edited:
Associate
NZXT H9 flow.

I was happy until I realised this morning that those 3 fans are acting as exhausts rather than intakes. They’ll look stupid if I turn them around and they are the most visible part of the case.

I do absolutely love the case though, it was a joy to work with and is brilliant to look at.
I had a H9 flow for a while. Very solid case. The only thing you can really improve, if your bottom fans are louder than expected, is to add some spacer. The lack of a bracket may look better, but no gap between the fan and the case can make some fans sound noisier than they should. Not an issue at low rpm, though.

Soldato
OP
Fans finally arrived this afternoon. Removing the 140s I'd put in the front of my case proved how stupid I am as in order to put them in front of a 360 rad I'd had to screw the fans from the inside and then fit the rad which of course meant to remove the fans meant removing the rad :rolleyes:

All fans then out, discovered that the included screws in the box did not easily fit my EK rad. Included UNC screws should have fitted but although they are now in I suspect I have destroyed the threads on my rad. Oh well, I only used 4.

Fans are all connected to a Bitspower TouchAqua pwm fan and 5v ARGB controller.

On first boot, no RGB or power because I forgot to connect the TouchAqua to SATA power because I am a doofus.

Second boot, initially alarmed to see in the BIOS that my cpu was at 44c until I remembered my ambient is 40c. again with the doh!

All is working, and the fans are fine. No real difference in temps even though the fans are all on full force. Although you might think this would be loud, compared to the room fans I have running I can't really hear the D30s.

Lighting however is very cool. I just have them on blue because I also have a DRGB EK cpu block and reservoir which are limited in what I can make them do.

Soldato
Fans finally arrived this afternoon. Removing the 140s I'd put in the front of my case proved how stupid I am as in order to put them in front of a 360 rad I'd had to screw the fans from the inside and then fit the rad which of course meant to remove the fans meant removing the rad :rolleyes:

All fans then out, discovered that the included screws in the box did not easily fit my EK rad. Included UNC screws should have fitted but although they are now in I suspect I have destroyed the threads on my rad. Oh well, I only used 4.

Fans are all connected to a Bitspower TouchAqua pwm fan and 5v ARGB controller.

On first boot, no RGB or power because I forgot to connect the TouchAqua to SATA power because I am a doofus.

Second boot, initially alarmed to see in the BIOS that my cpu was at 44c until I remembered my ambient is 40c. again with the doh!

All is working, and the fans are fine. No real difference in temps even though the fans are all on full force. Although you might think this would be loud, compared to the room fans I have running I can't really hear the D30s.

Lighting however is very cool. I just have them on blue because I also have a DRGB EK cpu block and reservoir which are limited in what I can make them do.

Jesus i can't even imagine what that's like sitting in 40 degree heat! That's basically my load temps while gaming on my gpu on a custom loop :cry:. You must be sitting in your pants everyday in that heat!

Glad its all working and it all went smoothly(ish), could be worse lol.

Whats the next upgrade then?

Soldato
OP
Jesus i can't even imagine what that's like sitting in 40 degree heat! That's basically my load temps while gaming on my gpu on a custom loop :cry:. You must be sitting in your pants everyday in that heat!

Glad its all working and it all went smoothly(ish), could be worse lol.

Whats the next upgrade then?
waiting for the heatwave to break and then we can have the hot rainy season! air temps fall but "feels like" temp doesn't change much because the humidity climbs.

I have a pcie4.0 riser cable so I may change the gpu from horizontal to vertical just so it shows off its bykski block. other than that, there isn't anything that will really benefit. I still have a 7700K in a Maximus IX Formula and it all works. I can run it at 5GHz if I want to but generally leave it at stock. I just don't really need any more than that. I only have a 4070S because of folding.

Soldato
not even 2 years ago
temperature just about touched 40c
here in the sunny south east
i found it brutal cant imagine it as the every day norm
bearing in mind i am scottish and it hit minus 20 there
the year i decided to head south lol
went from one extreme to the other :cry:
anything over 25c is a heatwave to me :cry:

Back
Top Bottom