Phanteks Enthoo Pro M rebuild...

Associate
OP
so last week I bought a 2nd hand Msi 970 as my niece wants a newer graphics card..

so it was a bit over her budget and I added the extra but was thinking she could get my Strix card as I thought it would match her system better ( Asus sabertooth R2.0 motherboard ) and the Msi could go into mine as this would look better in my system.

WP_20161107_10_29_45_Pro_zpsaxihertd.jpg

not the greatest of pictures

I also decided to play with the overclock.. compared to the Strix it overclocks so much better..

I can now beat the 780ti scores

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/10734200

I also had a wee play with Sli..

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/10719037

I liked the idea of Sli but would really need matching cards.
my only gripe was after playing a game that wasn't Sli capable when I returned to the desktop and opened the start menu half of it was missing..
I don't know if I could live with that. so Im still on the hunt for a 980ti...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
nice build, really like this one

cheers bud.
I know its nothing fancy compared to some of the build on here but its mine and Im happy with it.

Ive got an Asus Maximus VII Hero board coming as im going to build my lad up an i5 machine with a 4590 ive got sitting.

Im in 2 minds what board to keep for my self. I like the look of the Asus board but at the same point I like the Msi board..

I know my 4770k done 4.7 on the Asus board under a Corsair AIO but don't think I would go back to an AIO as I found I got better temps with my Phanteks air cooler with my 4690k

I have thought about buying a newer H100i gt or H110i Gt and trying it out but really not sure what to do.

Associate
OP
Nice to see the difference between where it first started and where it is now. looking good.
Yea Im really pleased on how its turned out.
I swapped to the Asus Maximus vii hero board and my youngest lad got the Msi Gaming board.
I'm happy with how the 4790k performs compared to the 4770k.

I wouldn't have went for the 4790k If I hadn't been upgrading my lads system.
Just the way its worked out he's had an upgrade from the FX8350 to the 4770k and I got the 4790k.
after trading an old 1090T in to **X for the 4790k and having to buy a cooler for his machine by the time I sold the FX8350 bundle its cost me £14..
If I had managed to get a CPU from the MM I might have had cash left over to upgrade his RAM.. but hey cant have it all the time..

The board im using in his system I swapped an old windows 98 laptop for it which had been in a box for years but still worked so the board has cost me nothing.

Associate
OP
Im just finished my routine dusting.. Im still tempted on a new case and I really like the look of the Fractal Design Define C windowed case. none in Stock on overclockers the now though..
Hopefully once I come back from holiday they'll have some in..
Still need to do something with my GPU cables think I might get a couple of replacements cable comes and try that.

20170509_144609_zpsb8eat7cy.jpg

20170509_144649_zpsrstvxuoq.jpg

Associate
OP
I need to give the system a blow out and get a decent pic but here it is..

love the idea of the backplate and it doesnt sag like my 970 did..
still to sort out the braided cable as I needed to change the 6 pin to an 8 pin one as the 980ti is 2 x 8 just glad I had a spare.

tomorrows job will be to sort the cable and give the system a clean.
20170602_224509_zpsunjsqi7f.jpg

comparing it to the 970...
http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/12783435/fs/12456730

Last edited:
Associate
OP
so will need to try some online gaming now ive got the 980ti and a decent broadband speed finally..

Before ( this is the best result I got early hours in the morning )
speed%20test_zpsuqsabm0k.png

after ( not the best ive had been told it will go up and down until it settles )
6405852668_zpse1jygqk1.png

Associate
OP
i really like the case, cracking build as well. also noticed your just along the road from me as well
Cheers bud.

Yea the case I do like it but I keep having the odd moment where I catch myself looking at other cases as I fancy something different.
I was ready to swap my bits into the NZXT S340 but then I realised my cooler wouldn't fit..

What part of Airdrie are you in?

Associate
Cheers bud.

Yea the case I do like it but I keep having the odd moment where I catch myself looking at other cases as I fancy something different.
I was ready to swap my bits into the NZXT S340 but then I realised my cooler wouldn't fit..

What part of Airdrie are you in?
i actually looked at the h440 before settling on the case i have atm.

im in craigneuk, just up from the football stadium.

Associate
OP
i actually looked at the h440 before settling on the case i have atm.

im in craigneuk, just up from the football stadium.
Yea my lad has the S340 but he likes the H440 Ive got a white one sitting which he likes so hes getting that and my nephew is getting the S340.

I like the H440 but not in white.. its to big for my desk though.

Yea I know where the stadium is not been down that way much.
My oldest lad likes to go to the stunt park in Airdrie near the Leisure Centre.

Associate
Yea my lad has the S340 but he likes the H440 Ive got a white one sitting which he likes so hes getting that and my nephew is getting the S340.

I like the H440 but not in white.. its to big for my desk though.

Yea I know where the stadium is not been down that way much.
My oldest lad likes to go to the stunt park in Airdrie near the Leisure Centre.
yeh i know where the stunt park is, unfortunately i cant get my oldest boy of his pc, its almost as tho he is on 24/7.

with the H440 i decided against it as i thought it was too small a case for my liking:confused:

Associate
OP
yeh i know where the stunt park is, unfortunately i cant get my oldest boy of his pc, its almost as tho he is on 24/7.

with the H440 i decided against it as i thought it was too small a case for my liking:confused:
Yea my lad can be the same at times. either his Ps4 or the PC.. but if you offer to take him places like that he will go.
what case do you have the now? The H440 is a fair sized case im surprised at you saying it was too small

Associate
Yea my lad can be the same at times. either his Ps4 or the PC.. but if you offer to take him places like that he will go.
what case do you have the now? The H440 is a fair sized case im surprised at you saying it was too small
it wasnt the fact it was small as such it just looked compact and cramped in size. not sure on its dimensions.

i now have the bequiet silent base 800, which compared to the cm haf i previously had, looks small as well.

Back
Top Bottom