** PHANTEKS EVOLV SHIFT-X & SHIFT - GET SHIFTY **

Associate
This is actually pretty dam good! unique, I also like how it can go nicely horizontal with a monitor or TV on top of it. A shame I recently made a new setup and bought the evolv ATX, I would've liked this

Associate
When are you expecting these in OCUK? I've made up my mind I'm going to get one but I'm not a fan of pre-ordering.

Going to transplant my NZXT Manta guts into it, might see a significant temp increase going from 280+240mm to 280 only, I'm not sure how the lower 120 would fit if I'm honest looking at pictures.

OcUK Staff
OP
When are you expecting these in OCUK? I've made up my mind I'm going to get one but I'm not a fan of pre-ordering.

Going to transplant my NZXT Manta guts into it, might see a significant temp increase going from 280+240mm to 280 only, I'm not sure how the lower 120 would fit if I'm honest looking at pictures.

End of August, barring any production issues.

Associate
Hi

A bit of advice on cooling. I've ordered the Shift in Black, and i just wanted to have your thoughts on the best fan configuration; as i don't see the point in 140mm watercooling. I intend to swap over most of my parts and then get a 980ti or GTX1070 (both used), and a 700w psu. My budget for a gpu is £300 max. Looking at doing 1440p gaming with decent settings (high to ultra)

My current config is:

cpu - i5 6600
cooler - Silverstone AR06 - 95w TDP - current idle temp at 30c with fan set to low rpm. 70ish at load.
MB - Asrock Z170 (Bios updated to support 7th gen) - I originally had a i7 6700k hence the Z board
case - Silverstone FT03b with 400 sfx psu (Noisy and crap psu) - case and psu bought off ebay for £35.
GPU - GTX970
Fans- Noctua NF-F12 (pushing in air for the bottom.
Lighting - NZXT Hue+
Spare parts laying around - 1x Noctua NF-12, 2x 140mm Aerocool Dead Silence [No LEDs] @ fixed rpm (i think 800); and various cables etc.

I was thinking of in stalling my two aerocool fans, and a noctua at the bottom, all as intakes. Will this provide enough cooling? Given that the areocools are low rpm.

My other fan option would be to get 3 NZXT Aer RGBs, installing them all as intakes as the RGBs are only on one side. Would this be effective? or do you thank I should have one intake(bottom) and two exhausts?

Your thoughts very much welcome.

Thanks (ps. sorry for the essay :) )

Soldato
Ordered the Shift :)

Been rocking my SG13 for a while now but feel like it just is that little bit cramped and can get rather toasty. This does look like the refreshing change I've been after.

Now we play the waiting game...

Associate
I love this case, sleek, tempered glass and excellent cooling options!
Do want the Shift but trying to figure out if you can fit a 140mm AIO cooler in the bottom bracket and then still keep the 140mm fan on the top that comes as standard?
No need for the Shift X I think, thanks to netflix I don't need many harddrives anymore lol!

Associate
OCUK, is the case that you used for the video available to view at the shop? I'd like to take a look at the shift X before hitting order and I'm passing your fine store today and need to an excuse to spend money.

OcUK Staff
OP
OCUK, is the case that you used for the video available to view at the shop? I'd like to take a look at the shift X before hitting order and I'm passing your fine store today and need to an excuse to spend money.

Only just saw this unfortunately. Hopefully you managed to check one out.

Associate
Only just saw this unfortunately. Hopefully you managed to check one out.

I did indeed, please pass my thanks on to the chaps who were working on Saturday.

Interesting case, the footprint is TINY! It's going to be a real struggle to fit a full loop + res + twin rads in. Could be a fun challenge.

Back
Top Bottom