Photo Gallery

Soldato
Not sure if this is the right place but it seems to fit :D

Here's the situation. I have a Synology Diskstation which I use, amongst other things, as a web server. The web server basically just points to a folder on the diskstation called "Web". In another folder on the diskstation I have all my family photographs. Is there a way to have all my photographs organised into an online gallery without having to move them all to the "Web" folder? I've looked at Coppermine and other online galleries but they all require the images to be stored on the web server itself. Is there any way to create like a redirection or something?

Not sure I've really explained this very well :confused:

Permabanned
Why don't you create a website but have your selected top 40 images on the site? or something like that?

You would need an absolute path to your photographs. I don't own a Synology Diskstation, however I bet it wouldn't be able to be done. Someone else who owns one may have more input.

Soldato
Nope, a properly configured web server wont have permission to access anything outwith the 'web' folder.

Maybe you could move the photos folder into the web folder and replace it with a shortcut to the new location of the photos folder?

Associate
Nope, a properly configured web server wont have permission to access anything outwith the 'web' folder.

Maybe you could move the photos folder into the web folder and replace it with a shortcut to the new location of the photos folder?

Give the web server permissions to read the photos.

Make a group, add your user and the webserver user to that group and set the ownership to your user and that group. Then Symlink the folder.

Back
Top Bottom