Photo Management

Associate
Hi all,

I have a Google Drive currently set up that has been looking after my photos online, but as I have them arranged into neat folders I tend to view via the Google Drive app, which isn't that great as a photo browser to be honest. On my local version on my PC I have the last version of Picasa as it was a good browser and the facial recognition comes in handy occasionally.

However, I've had this set up for years now and wondered if there was a better piece of software to use for either of these, either a decent web app (should I just embrace Google Photos?), or an alternative desktop photo management tool (one that is still updated would be great...)

Thanks for any thoughts!

Associate
OP
Okay - maybe I should just go all in with Google Photos, although I take it there's no fully-fledged desktop version? Or am I living in the past by wanting such a thing?

I'll have a read up on how to sync Drive and Photos, shouldn't be too hard..

Associate
OP
Thanks - will give it a go, looks like facial recognition isn't turned on (and I can't see the easy option to do it), which may have put me off previously - a quick Google suggests the best way is to go via a VPN...

Back
Top Bottom