Photography People please advise

Soldato
Right guys

I am going to spend some money on some software to get things nice and right. For a start i am going to get Adobe CS3.... But what do you guys use as a browser? Is bridge any good for this? I do like iPhoto but the thing with iPhoto if I edited a photo in CS3 it wont go back into iPhoto unless it the same name but some time i like to save it a different name so i can still see both this when iPhoto wont update right.

What is the best way and the best set up? Apple store told me to get Aperture as the browser and odd tweaks and CS3 for full on edit.. But bit pricey to do all that

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Bridge is a good tool for editing metadata, and organizing your shots.

Seeing as you've already got it then go with that.

Pointless buying Aperture if you've already bought the CS3 suite :)

Soldato
OP
I have not bought anything yet i am trailing CS3 and i love it and it does a lot of editing that i like to do. But what gets me is why do people have aperture aswell as CS3 what the advantage?

Man of Honour
I have not bought anything yet i am trailing CS3 and i love it and it does a lot of editing that i like to do. But what gets me is why do people have aperture aswell as CS3 what the advantage?

Because Aperture is the best library app I've used (I've tried most of them) and allows almost all the adjustments I want without using photoshop. Web galleries and book printing are useful for me too. I rarely use photoshop (I only have it as I bought creative suite for dreamweaver and the fireworks features merged into photoshop)

Soldato
OP
Thing is i like to edit the photo a lot. I love to pin point things like make the berries colour and the rest in black and white using invert on layers and the like. All this cant be done in aperture or Lightroom...

Man of Honour
Yeah, but you don't do that on every shot right. At least I don't. Means I can edit 90% of my shots in aperture and few I want to do that stuff on, in photoshop.

Tried Lightroom, really didn't like it

Soldato
Yeah that is correct i wont want to do it on every shoot but a few yah so you think i should get aperture and cs3

Go for that. Aperture is really worth the money, even though I don't have it..

You can get Aperture really cheap on eBay too, it just comes without a box and manual.

Associate
Sounds like you need Aperture (or Lightroom - I'm a Lightroom user, but Aperture is going to do things much the same kinda thing) to me. iPhoto is OK-ish for just have a library of pre-edited pics, and it's funky for giving quick slideshows...... but Aperture/Lightroom is where it's at.

Aperture/Lightroom will be much better than iPhoto or Adobe Bridge for you photo organisation, and it should be able to do a large chunk of your post processing.
Photoshop can then be used whenever you need to process that little bit more.

Soldato
Another vote for Lightroom but as others have mentioned, both Aperture and Lightroom do the same job more or less, get the demo of each and see which you prefer.

Panzer

Back
Top Bottom