Photoshop shadow help

Soldato
Hi Guys

Im sure this is really simple but im trying to add a nice suttle shadow to my imac image (link below) but i just cant seem to get it right. Its for a new website i am developing. I have tried doing it with a drop shadow and then adding a new layer with 20% which gives a nice effect but not quite what im after.

Would be really grateful if anyone may be able to assist. I have the psd file as well should anyone want to take a look

Cheers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8chx2yblc8ldzo/homepage.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:
Soldato
I haven't got access to PS at the moment, but the main issue I see is that (asuming the green wall is supposed to be directly behind the desk) the shadow against the wall should be vertical. It would probably be easiest to create a new vector shape for the shadow and then rasterise and blur it.

Also the skew on the keyboard is at odds to the perceived focal length given the rest of the items in the image.

Soldato
OP
Thanks Spunkey, only just started using photoshop so still learning my way round it. The green wall is indeed meant to be behind the desk, i have adjusted the drop shadow slightly again (link updated)

How do i go about creating a vector shape? Im taking a photoshop course hopefully very soon which im sure will help me out :) What would you say is the best way to get the keyboard looking right?

Thanks again for your help mate.

Back
Top Bottom