PHP: MM __construct Question

Soldato
Hi All,

I have my final exam tomorrow and I need help to one question that I am struggling to answer properly.

There is a 10(10%) mark question asking to explain the magic methods __construct and __destruct. I know how to explain and implement both of them and destruct is very simple. I am struggling to understand how explaining both of these is worth 10% of a paper?

I am wondering if someone could aid me in understanding how the question is worth so much or explaining the methods in detail that deserves 10 marks.

Thanks,

James

Soldato
OP
Tomorrow! Leaving it a bit late, I'm not sure how your paper gets marked but give this a read:http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.decon.php

Now you obviously can explain the basics right? When an object gets created, the constructor gets initialised and you do all of your 'property/method prepping' :) And you can obviously pass arguments into the constructer:
Code:
$obj = new MyClass($arg1,$arg2);

Code:
Public Class MyClass{

public function __construct($arg1,$arg2)
{
    $this.prop1 = $arg1;
    $this._prop2 = $arg2;
}

public $prop1;
private $_prop2;

}

I assume you already know all of this (pretty basic), what type of information do you want?

I know all the basics, I am trying to understand how it can be worth so much for something so simple.

Soldato
OP
Exam went fine thanks! The question wasn't even on it in the end.
Only question I didn't know was asking for 5
clauses of the PCI-DSS document specifically relating to databases. I only knew three, but made a logical guess at two more, so it didn't go too bad.

Back
Top Bottom