phpBB and Latex

Soldato
I have a phpBB forum to support a project and one of the partners is asking if there's anyway to support the direct entry of Latex and render it within the forum posts.

I've not found anything current through my searches so far - at least nothing I want to attempt.

Anyone know if a solution exists?

Thanks

Soldato
Latex ... that takes me back 30 years. Not a fun requirement. Rendering to html for a BB would only work in a subset of the language. Googling around I see many brave attempts, but nothing to really cut it.

Depends on what you want to do with it afterwards but I think your best bet is likely to render it to a PDF or png/gif using ImageMagik.

Soldato
OP
Latex ... that takes me back 30 years. Not a fun requirement. Rendering to html for a BB would only work in a subset of the language. Googling around I see many brave attempts, but nothing to really cut it.

Depends on what you want to do with it afterwards but I think your best bet is likely to render it to a PDF or png/gif using ImageMagik.

Thanks - that's my current thinking. At least it doesn't appear that I've missed anything :)

Back
Top Bottom