phpMyAdmin asking for server password

Associate
Hi Guys,

When I hit the link to connect to phpMyAdmin on my PC (Client) it asks for the server username and password that it is install on before i get to the login screen.

Is there a way that i can stop it asking for the server password??

Is there something i need to change in the config.ini file possibly??

Thanks

Associate
If you go to where phpmyadmin directory is there should be a file named config.sample.inc.php.

Open it in a text editor and add/make sure you have the following lines

Code:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user']      = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password']  = 'yourpassword';

and change the auth type to

Code:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';

and then save it as config.inc.php in the same directory

Associate
OP
It is phpMyAdmin asking for the password of the web server.

A login box appears saying connecting to 192.168.X.X (Which is my web server)
Once i type in the password of the login to the server to proceeds to the phpMyAdmin login screen.

Will try and post a screen shot later on.

Cheers

Permabanned
by default if you download from the phpmyadmin website;
http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php

You shouldn't have to alter anything to be able to login. The login will be based on your default SQL admin username and password that you set up with MYSQL.

It is phpMyAdmin asking for the password of the web server.

A login box appears saying connecting to 192.168.X.X (Which is my web server)
Once i type in the password of the login to the server to proceeds to the phpMyAdmin login screen.

Will try and post a screen shot later on.

Cheers

Judging by this quote it could be http directory login that it's asking for not phpmyadmin. Remake a folder in root and put a new install of phpmyadmin inside there and try again, get a screenshot.

Associate
The Windows Security box in your screenshot is not a phpMyAdmin password prompt so I suspect this doesn't have anything to do with phpMyAdmin and if so whatever HTML or PHP files you put there, you'd get the same problem.

I'd try a different browser and if you still get prompted for a password, I'd say it's a password on the directory by the web server as mrbell1984 suggested, although the curious thing is in your screenshot, phpMyAdmin seems to have loaded in the background. I assume you can't just close that prompt and use phpMyAdmin... The phpMyAdmin login page behind the Windows Security box is where you would enter your MySQL username and password.

As for the message, do you know what web server you're using? If it's Apache, look for a file in the directory called .htaccess. If it's MS IIS or something else, then someone here who knows about Windows will probably be able to tell you where to look in the settings.

Associate
OP
Looks like it's running Microsoft IIS by the looks of the login popup (unless IE is really weird). Do you have access to the server? I'm assuming you do as it's a local network address.

If so, check IIS settings, make sure you allow access to anonymous users.

Yea it is IIS 6 on an old 2003 Server i am using. The only settings under IIS that i can change to do with phpMyAdmin is under Application Pool. phpMyAdmin is added to the Application Pool, is this the correct way to set it up??

In properties under the 'identity' tab i have set it to use a username and passsword of the server but this still doesnt work for me.

Permabanned
Yea it is IIS 6 on an old 2003 Server i am using. The only settings under IIS that i can change to do with phpMyAdmin is under Application Pool. phpMyAdmin is added to the Application Pool, is this the correct way to set it up??

In properties under the 'identity' tab i have set it to use a username and passsword of the server but this still doesnt work for me.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...af2-fcb7-4ed2-b007-e19f971f6e13.mspx?mfr=true

IIS6 Allowing Anonymous Access to Web Sites (IIS 6.0)

Associate
OP
Can I ask if it's a live server or is it something you are playing with ?

Its a live server within the company which runs an internal site that i created for them.

Server wasnt used that much so i use it for web development now.

Back
Top Bottom