Piano / keyboard players....

Soldato
Many moons ago (30 years ago) I played piano as a kid, was ok - think I got to like grade 4/5 or something.

Daughter got a keyboard for her birthday this year and I'm keen to maybe get back to playing again.

I can remember all my "scales", some very very basic chords etc and could probably still read some basic music.

There seems to be tons and tons of courses / youtube videos etc etc on playing songs etc but any recommendations for a good place to start would be useful.

thanks

Soldato
What sort of music would you like to play? For classical stuff, I could recommend a few basic exercise books and some compilations which might be a good place to start, but you'd probably end up needing a proper lesson or two if you wanted more specific guidance.

If you just want to casually play pop stuff, I'd suggest getting a couple of piano music books from artists or bands you like, and having a go at playing those. As you'd probably already know some of the songs, you'll find it easier to know when what you're playing is 'right', which in turn will probably help your reading abilities return.

If you want to play jazz, you could do worse than some of the Jamey Aebersold stuff.

Back
Top Bottom