Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Associate
I'm thinking of getting one of these, however the room that it'll be in is really bright with the sun often straight onto the screen. Is this a good option for this room? Thanks.

Associate
Are they aware of that and not just it's a TV need removing? Some places will refuse due to weight etc.

They say your old tv. There is no info that excludes a CRT. It's a Sony 32 widescreen. John Lewis delivering and removing old tv, I only ordered from them as they uplift tvs.

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting one of these, however the room that it'll be in is really bright with the sun often straight onto the screen. Is this a good option for this room? Thanks.

Not really, in my opinion. No TV is really good in a constantly bright environment though.

OLED is definitely better if you can dim the room a bit, it's fine if you can close blinds or curtains a little at least.

Associate
Depends on you and what you want, 2017 models main advantages over the 2016 are:

- better handling of details in dark/black areas
- better handling of motion
- reduced ABL
- lower input lag across the board

The c/b 6 are fantastic for the price though but personally all the above matters to me so I'll be waiting for the b/c 7 series to drop to £1500 now, shouldn't be too long as they are already dropping in prices, not too surprising though given that LG have competition this year for OLED.

Just bought a c7 which im waiting to be delivered. Costco have the b7 at 2400 and the panasonic ez952 drops to 2150 last day of the month also at costco. Prices seem to be dropping fast this year :)

Caporegime
Just bought a c7 which im waiting to be delivered. Costco have the b7 at 2400 and the panasonic ez952 drops to 2150 last day of the month also at costco. Prices seem to be dropping fast this year :)

Yup should hopefully be some nice deals around black friday :D

Associate
Yup should hopefully be some nice deals around black friday :D

weird thing is all of lgs 2017 range sized @ 55" are under 2k already in most of Europe , now I know we have Brexit and all which has driven prices up a bit but not over £1k price difference why I think we got a big price drop coming soon as opposed to traditional timelines October / November.

The Panasonic ex952 dropping to 2150 last day of month of costco is a cracking deal hopefully others will follow suit as its priced elsewhere at 2999£

Caporegime
weird thing is all of lgs 2017 range sized @ 55" are under 2k already in most of Europe , now I know we have Brexit and all which has driven prices up a bit but not over £1k price difference why I think we got a big price drop coming soon as opposed to traditional timelines October / November.

The Panasonic ex952 dropping to 2150 last day of month of costco is a cracking deal hopefully others will follow suit as its priced elsewhere at 2999£

That's just typical UK gouging for you! :D :p

Soldato

55B7D cheapest is EUR 2699 / GBP 2394

55B6V is around EUR 1700 / GBP 1500

If they are available significantly cheaper I would love to know....

Associate
Thanks peahead.

Yes Prime member and I click the 4k ultra videos on amazon but it shows 1080. Do i need the tv in a particular mode or can I run my custom dark room settings @ 4k uhd?

Note also my internet is standard 10mb not super fast

Soldato
Thanks peahead.

Yes Prime member and I click the 4k ultra videos on amazon but it shows 1080. Do i need the tv in a particular mode or can I run my custom dark room settings @ 4k uhd?

Hi Roger when you first start a 4K UHD video on amazon it initially starts of at 1080p and then after minute or so it should increase to UHD resolution.

Try playing The Grand tour and if the tv switches to HDR mode in the top right corner then it is working correctly.

Soldato

This could be the problem Roger Amazon recommend a minimum of 15mb.

To stream in 4K Ultra HD, you need a high-speed Internet connection of at least 15 Mbps. Some video apps need even faster speeds to stream in 4K Ultra HD. For example, Netflix and YouTube recommend a connection of at least 20 Mbps.

Associate
55B7D cheapest is EUR 2699 / GBP 2394

55B6V is around EUR 1700 / GBP 1500

If they are available significantly cheaper I would love to know....

If i get time ill dig out the referances for you as towards where there cheaper , most the info thou i think was in avforum under tvs / oled price changes.

Blown away by my oled really kicks my kuro about and good upgrade , think ill sell my asus pg348q that ive had for all of 3 months now and move back to sofa for gaming :)

Caporegime
If i get time ill dig out the referances for you as towards where there cheaper , most the info thou i think was in avforum under tvs / oled price changes.

Blown away by my oled really kicks my kuro about and good upgrade , think ill sell my asus pg348q that ive had for all of 3 months now and move back to sofa for gaming :)

Wise choice :cool: Monitors just can not match TVs now let alone OLED :D

Back
Top Bottom