Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Associate
OP
Does SkyQ offer HDR? Just because it's UHD it doesn't mean it's HDR. Try The Grand Tour on Amazon, make sure it's the UHD version. The TV should go into HDR mode. In the unlikely event that it doesn't, you might have a problem.

Soldato
LG rejuvinating 1080p market

As the name implies, A7 will be LG’s most affordable 2017 OLED TV. To hit the lower price point, LG has implemented 1080p HD resolution, excluded support for HDR, and equipped the TV with an old version of webOS, namely webOS 2.0 that was introduced in 2015.
will the panels and electronics be 2017 ?

interesting marketting strategy, are 2k1K panels much cheaper to produce than 4k.
or they want to preserve the profits from their 4k sets, but also take away some of the sub £1000 market, with a product with better PQ and
well adapted to many homes where acceptable screen size and viewing distance mean 4K questionable.

Last edited:
Soldato
yes, it all depends on the price - well the scorpio will demand 4K (versus upscale on one S)
this was an interesting article i read on hdr/dv - w/interesting point i had not considered
On top of that, HDR10 is an open-source format (no licensing fees for using it or advertising it), which allows manufacturers and studios to use it as they see fit without any consensus on how the content should be displayed.

Soldato
What's the low down on the B6 vs the B7?

B6 is getting mighty tempting....suspect stocks won't be around long though.

What's the difference between the B6D and B6V?

Soldato
What's the low down on the B6 vs the B7?

B6 is getting mighty tempting....suspect stocks won't be around long though.

What's the difference between the B6D and B6V?

According to this post a a few pages back the main difference between the 2016 and newer 2017 models are

- better handling of details in dark/black areas
- better handling of motion
- reduced ABL
- lower input lag across the board

Not had any issues with motion and input lag is fine on my B6. Don't think any of them points are worth the extra £1k.

Soldato
if you looked at the earlier posted tone mapping utube from hdtvtest guy, then the
"Improved HDR tone-mapping with less clipping of bright highlight detail"
could be attractive, not worth the 1K - need to wait until prices drop

Soldato
LG rejuvinating 1080p market

will the panels and electronics be 2017 ?

interesting marketting strategy, are 2k1K panels much cheaper to produce than 4k.
or they want to preserve the profits from their 4k sets, but also take away some of the sub £1000 market, with a product with better PQ and
well adapted to many homes where acceptable screen size and viewing distance mean 4K questionable.

Had a look at these, but only a tiny bit cheaper than the B6. Daft.

< 1k EUR and it would have been interesting.

Caporegime
Can't see a thread for the new models but has anyone seen them running, saw the £4.2k model in Curry's yesterday and it blew me away, they had one of the previous models still running and there was a definite improvement with the new one, good thing the other half was there to keep me sane or I'd have very nearly walked out with one.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Am I the only one running deblur 1, dejudder 1? I found the panning shots in Sicario were smoother deblur 1 vs deblur 10 more stutter

I'll try with deblur 1 and let you know. 2/3 and 10 are usually ok for me, but I've noticed some annoyances in some things that I'd like to remove (may have just been the official plex app though, complete dog)

Associate
According to this post a a few pages back the main difference between the 2016 and newer 2017 models are

- better handling of details in dark/black areas
- better handling of motion
- reduced ABL
- lower input lag across the board

Not had any issues with motion and input lag is fine on my B6. Don't think any of them points are worth the extra £1k.

Improved coating / filter on screen resulting in less purple / pink reflections also.

The LG OLED55B7V has dropped another £100 on Richer to £2399. Think I'll bite at £2000.

B7 at 2k Total digital which JL are price matching with 5 year warranty i believe.

Back
Top Bottom